DeepBass9

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

32 minutes ago, Tacet said:

You can now try to disable the DHCP on the Canyon again - see if the devices connected to it get their IPs from the Hughes.

This should work with the DHCP disabled on the Access Point (otherwise the two DHCP servers will fight each other).

The WiFi devices connected to the Access Point will then be effectively bridged together with the Access Point's LAN port(s) - so this removes the complication of configuring the WAN port.  It is worth pointing out that you will lose all "routing" features on the WiFi Access-Point (Firewall etc.) in this type of setup - so will need to rely on the Satellite Modem for this.

Note that in this case it is important to configure the Pi to have either an Ethernet connection (preferred) or a WiFi connection, not both.

OK, so I have made some progress, thanks for the help. Now I can see the pi from both the wired and wireless networks and everything seems to be on the 192.168.0.xx address range. I'll try now to disable the DCHP on the canyon........

Amazing progress!!!! I can now see all the devices on the network, wired and wireless. 

So the solution was not plugging the switch into the wireless AP's LAN port, disabling the DCHP on the AP, and then setting its LAN IP address to be in the 192.168.0 range.

But the pi still doesn't connect to the internet.........

So you can ping the PI from your other devices.  Can you ping your PC with the PI? 

In the PI, try the commands below and post their outputs here.

ifconfig
ping 8.8.8.8
traceroute 8.8.8.8

I'm not sure if you need sudo access for those - been ages since I did anything in Linux

I am going back to my previous post, only activate the DHCP on one router and use one ip range for everything ex : 192.168.2.xx

Then use the pi with a network cable.

Follow the setup installation on the HA site.

Is your DNS and gateway setup correctly?

Edited by Luminous

I have set up the gateway that same as for my laptop :

image.png.aff34029521129c6565a082f23b58e51.png

So I have set up the network file like this :

[connection]
id=my-network
uuid=9b7781f4-77dd-422e-8eb9-ac29252f61fb
type=802-3-ethernet

[ipv4]
method=manual
address=192.168.0.111/24,192.168.0.1
dns=88.210.184.129;88.210.184.130;

[ipv6]
addr-gen-mode=stable-privacy
method=auto

Now the Pi won't boot, and I don't see the IP address:

image.png.cf076927e49e4011013f01b2cce8e6fb.png

Do you have the PI on a screen and keyboard?  For debugging purposes having it connected on screen and keyboard is the simplest.  Its very difficult to figure out what's wrong if you can't see the output from the PI.

Also a tip - get yourself an extra SD card on which you can make a backup of your PI's last working (or closest to working! :P ) config.