Axpert Plus Duo vs Axpert King

ZOL

Hi everyone,

I want to upgrade to either an Axpert King or Axpert Plus Duo Inverter.

Currently I have 12 panels of 260w capacity on the roof but would like to increase the PV capacity to 4000w or even more.

The question is whether the abovementioned inverters can be set up to blend PV with Grid to drive loads if the load is more than what the PV panels can deliver.

The current 5KVA Mecer Inverter can not blend and cant handle more than 3000w on the roof. Im using two Pylontech US2000 batteries at the moment but want to double the storage capacity.

I lean more towards the Duo model since the PV capacity can be increased using the twin MPP chargers, but I am not sure about its capability to blend grid with solar.

Any suggestions/proposals/ comments will be highly appreciated.

2 hours ago, ZOL said:

Hi everyone,

I want to upgrade to either an Axpert King or Axpert Plus Duo Inverter.

Currently I have 12 panels of 260w capacity on the roof but would like to increase the PV capacity to 4000w or even more.

The question is whether the abovementioned inverters can be set up to blend PV with Grid to drive loads if the load is more than what the PV panels can deliver.

The current 5KVA Mecer Inverter can not blend and cant handle more than 3000w on the roof. Im using two Pylontech US2000 batteries at the moment but want to double the storage capacity.

I lean more towards the Duo model since the PV capacity can be increased using the twin MPP chargers, but I am not sure about its capability to blend grid with solar.

Any suggestions/proposals/ comments will be highly appreciated.

the king definitely mixes sources, no idea about eh duo though personally. 

3 hours ago, Fazil said:

have you considered Growatt 5kw hybrid? price well positioned.

Thanks for your feedback Fazil, I assume that the Growatt can blend sources? Have you experience with it and what is the support like?

4 hours ago, ZOL said:

Thanks Coulomb,

So the answer lies with the Axpert King then.

What will be nice is to see a King Duo for the increased PV capacity

the kings capacity (PV) is 4Kw and its output (AC) is 5Kw, you could parallel them?

15 hours ago, Dex_ said:

the kings capacity (PV) is 4Kw and its output (AC) is 5Kw, you could parallel them?

Yes, this will work but at double the cost, the axpert plus duo model is something like R2000,00 more than the unit with one MPPT charger. I have limited space..

2 hours ago, ZOL said:

Yes, this will work but at double the cost, the axpert plus duo model is something like R2000,00 more than the unit with one MPPT charger. I have limited space..

well i mean it is pretty obvious why then since it can mix and the other can't.

On 2019/10/01 at 8:41 PM, ZOL said:

Thanks for your feedback Fazil, I assume that the Growatt can blend sources? Have you experience with it and what is the support like?

yes.

check www.dcrebel.co.za  or search them on FB and speak with Dan.

very helpful and Growatt is on CoCT approved list.