Pylontech not charging from grid

Jakeser

Hi all I have 2 pylontech US Plus batteries connected to my Infini inverter... been running for just over a year. Now I don't know if it is because of the last week of almost no sun but suddenly my inverter battery icon flashes empty and the batteries SOC lights are dead. For the last day or two the power keeps tripping and inverter shows error 02 saying DC bus voltage falls below the lower threshold. And it seems the batteries are not being charged via grid even thou I have this option selected in the inverter software. Has anyone experienced similar issues and is there an easy explanation? Would really appreciate your views.

To me it looks like you've discharged the Pylons to a very low SOC and the BMS performed a protective shutdown. Please note, that the charger in the Infini is unable to perform so called "black start". In order to start charging, it has to detect battery voltage first.

Remedy:

During a sunny day, turn-off the Infini.
Check the Volts on the battery terminals using a voltmeter.
If there's no voltage, then start the Pylons using a red button on the master brick. (On/Off procedure is described in the Pylon's manual])
Then, quickly turn-on the Infini and it should detect the battery voltage and start charging it from the PV.

Of course, there might be some other issues, like burnt fuse, damaged charger, disconnected cable etc. But it's hard to diagnose this over the distance.

Edited by Youda

46 minutes ago, Youda said:

To me it looks like you've discharged the Pylons to a very low SOC and the BMS performed a protective shutdown. Please note, that the charger in the Infini is unable to perform so called "black start". In order to start charging, it has to detect battery voltage first.

Remedy:

During a sunny day, turn-off the Infini.
Check the Volts on the battery terminals using a voltmeter.
If there's no voltage, then start the Pylons using a red button on the master brick. (On/Off procedure is described in the Pylon's manual])
Then, quickly turn-on the Infini and it should detect the battery voltage and start charging it from the PV.

Of course, there might be some other issues, like burnt fuse, damaged charger, disconnected cable etc. But it's hard to diagnose this over the distance.

404BE574-496D-45BE-B3AF-9382A4D1B7F0.jpeg

5D54F239-1CEE-4425-BF34-4468F8BB3B81.jpeg

2 hours ago, Jakeser said:

If I may ask, why did the batteries not stop supplying power to stop it running too low.

They did - if you discharge Pylontechs too low, they will shutdown. Same if you overcharge them. Once these batteries are shut, Infini cannot charge them. Therefore you need to manually start the BMS and then start charging again.

If the green LED near the power button is blinking slowly, but all 6 leds on SOC ledbar are dark, then it means that BMS is running, but there's no charge/discharge going on.
In other words, SOC leds are shining only if there's charging or discharging in-progress.

image.thumb.png.3c5d41918c4d383262a9daa19425a948.png

Looking at the photos, it seems like you've completely disabled the usage of batteries:
- Not allowing to discharge the battery when PV is available (day).
- Not allowing to discharge the battery when PV is unavailable (night).
- Also, if I see correctly, you have CC = 57.5V and CV = 54.8V. Such voltages are way TOO HIGH for Pylontech US2000/3000 batteries.

I´d really like to give you an advice, but to me it looks like that there's too many strange settings and I don't want to ruin your HW. Interesting that your system was running okay for over a year 🤨 Please, ask some installer living in your location to come onsite and check the system for you.

17 minutes ago, Youda said:

They did - if you discharge Pylontechs too low, they will shutdown. Same if you overcharge them. Once these batteries are shut, Infini cannot charge them. Therefore you need to manually start the BMS and then start charging again.

If the green LED near the power button is blinking slowly, but all 6 leds on SOC ledbar are dark, then it means that BMS is running, but there's no charge/discharge going on.
In other words, SOC leds are shining only if there's charging or discharging in-progress.

image.thumb.png.3c5d41918c4d383262a9daa19425a948.png

Looking at the photos, it seems like you've completely disabled the usage of batteries:
- Not allowing to discharge the battery when PV is available (day).
- Not allowing to discharge the battery when PV is unavailable (night).
- Also, if I see correctly, you have CC = 57.5V and CV = 54.8V. Such voltages are way TOO HIGH for Pylontech US2000/3000 batteries.

I´d really like to give you an advice, but to me it looks like that there's too many strange settings and I don't want to ruin your HW. Interesting that your system was running okay for over a year 🤨 Please, ask some installer living in your location to come onsite and check the system for you.

Thans Youda, appreciate your input 😁

Also check if your inverter is set to SIG in setting 28 if you only have one inverter installed. 

edit: sorry found this with the axpert inverters, for some reason single inverters are setup in settings as parallel, don’t know if this is their new default.

Edited by Wilfred