Imeon 3.6 firmware pro software

Marcd50

Question

Hi, I've had my Imeon 3.6 for a few years now and overall been happy. But I think something isn't set correctly. 

It says 100% full battery but as soon as ac goes off it drops to 70% straight away. So I don't think I'm getting full use out of my batteries. 

I live in Port elizabeth and set the unit up myself as the installer never did it but I could only setup what I could, but I see there is a pro version of the manager software, how can I get it as the imeon website isn't very helpful. 

Any help greatly appreciated. 

4 answers to this question

15 hours ago, Marcd50 said:

It says 100% full battery but as soon as ac goes off it drops to 70% straight away.

That sounds like Axpert behaviour, where the SOC is guesstimated from the instantaneous battery voltage without internal resistance compensation.

If so, it doesn't mean you aren't getting full use from your battery, it just means that the SOC isn't being reported accurately. If you use something like a Victron BMV, you can get a far better estimate of the battery's state of charge.