Axpert_MKSII-5KVA error 57

Moallam

Hi

I installed an inverter Axpert_MKSII-5KVA, and after two days of operation the inverter stopped working and error 57 was displayed. Which means in the User Guide (current Sensor failed).

What causes this error? How can it be fixed?

5 hours ago, Moallam said:

What causes this error?

It could be excessive bias (measured current at start-up when the current should be zero) from one or more of four current sensors:

• output (load) current (there is a current transformer, it looks a bit like an audio transformer)
  • inverter current (an LEM hall effect sensor I believe)
  • output current sharing sensor (might be on the paralleling board? You could try removing that temporarily if you have one)
  • the DC2DC current sensor. I believe that this is something unique to models with the 450 V max MPPTs, so I don't know anything about them.

Unless you have an unusual load which has asymmetrical current (hair dryer on half power?), it doesn't look like something you can repair yourself. Perhaps attempt to demagnetise the CT or LEM, but that's about it.

Failing any of the above, it looks like you'll have to get it repaired or replaced under warranty, and I'd say it would be a main-board replacement. This is the most expensive part of the inverter-charger. It sounds like it's brand new (two days of service?), so unless you have any nasty loads, it looks like you should be able to get a warranty replacement. Unfortunately, with high demand and the COVID-19 situation, it may take some time to get resolved.

• 1 month later...

Hie. Having the same error. Two transistors were blown around SG3525, a MOSFET(smd) and a bipolar driver. Changed 2 reservoir caps 470uF/450v. One of them was swollen. Also removed the communication board that was water damaged. Still the error persists. Also changed SG3525 but no change. What could I be missing?

On 2020/05/01 at 12:21 AM, Mazwi said:

What could I be missing?

It could be the sensors themselves. But more likely, check the burden resistor for the current transformer. This post mentions a successful repair, though the symptom was error 07 (fault code 07): overload timeout. Also the op-amps (or possibly comparators) and associated components on the control board (perhaps pins 3 and 4 for output current).

Edit Jan 2022: Added link. Sigh. 

Edited by Coulomb

• 1 year later...

I recently repaired a board that had this same error . The board was damaged by a leaking pipe that dripped water onto the inverter through the ceiling which then shorted out the DC bus. AC IGBTs, DC MOSFETs were blown and replaced. Error 57 continued and the problem turned out to be one of the transistors that drive the DC  MOSFETs. It had short circuited and was pulling up the -12V power rail that the HTC sensor needs. So your problem might not be this exact transistor but check the power supply to the sensor.

DSC_2376.jpg

DSC_2375.jpg

• 10 months later...
19 hours ago, mihaigsm2003 said:

i check resistor until control board, are ok,

Does that include the burden resistor(s)? Across the output of the current transformer. The voltage developed across these are amplified and become the current reading.

Also as above check the power supply for the op-amp and sensor. It's possible that the sensor itself is faulty, though I've found these to be pretty hardy (at least the ones made by the LEM company). But those usually aren't box shaped.

On 2022/07/08 at 3:40 PM, Coulomb said:

Does that include the burden resistor(s)? Across the output of the current transformer. The voltage developed across these are amplified and become the current reading.

Also as above check the power supply for the op-amp and sensor. It's possible that the sensor itself is faulty, though I've found these to be pretty hardy (at least the ones made by the LEM company). But those usually aren't box shaped.

Tkanks!

I change control board and is working ok, now i try repar control board.

22 hours ago, mihaigsm2003 said:

I change control board and is working ok

Huh. I've not heard as many reports of control boards failing, but I suppose it must happen.

22 hours ago, mihaigsm2003 said:

Now I will try repair the control board.

If you happen to trace some of the circuit, please publish.