Victron install changeover switch

Installing an Easysolar II GX, for the changeover switch I have a choice of an ACDC manufactured switch and a Hagar SF463, price difference of over 3 times, this is a requirement by COCT, this switch  will only be used if there is a problem with the inverter

Any other makes out there

54 minutes ago, Tariq said:

ACDC manufactured switch

If its the one that fits into a normal DB (orange lever), stay away, it just stops working for no reason at all, one day you try to switch it and nothing happens. Stick with the hagar

I use these on 90% of my installations. Most DB's dont have space for Changeover switches, so I mount one of these at my Inverter. Normally a 60Amp 4 pole to offer some flexibility with different wiring configurations.. 

1840631926_Chaneover2.thumb.png.2ec2f44e76b31b8ca945cd8aa5e99800.png

1 hour ago, Jaco de Jongh said:

If its the one that fits into a normal DB (orange lever), stay away, it just stops working for no reason at all, one day you try to switch it and nothing happens. Stick with the hagar

Absolutely agree. Stay away from the AC/DC branded stuff. I don't know where they get it, and perhaps it is unfair to generalise, but man there's a lot of janky stuff there. This has been my experience with the AC/DC changeovers as well.

Edit: Also, while the Hager is expensive, it is in my opinion a very good cost/quality compromise to the even higher end stuff (I'm looking at you ABB 🙂 ).

Edited by plonkster