DEYE Hybrid inverter using battery power for non essential loads

Chuckyjnr

Hi All

So I recently upgraded to the DEYE 8KW Hybrid inverter and the first night I realized that the batteries was not being used at all and it was only pulling power from Eskom.

The plan is to have the solar run the essential loads during the day and charge up the batteries and then send any access solar power into the non essential loads to lower my Eskom bill as much as possible.

I then turned on the "time of day" settings and it immediately started using the batteries but unfortunately it seems to be using the batteries with the solar for both essential and non essential loads. I do not want the batteries to be used at all for non essential loads. I only want the access solar power to be pushed into the non essential loads

Has anyone encountered this type of thing before. Hoping there is a setting that I missed (completely new to the Hybrid inverter)

22 hours ago, Chuckyjnr said:

Hi All

So I recently upgraded to the DEYE 8KW Hybrid inverter and the first night I realized that the batteries was not being used at all and it was only pulling power from Eskom.

The plan is to have the solar run the essential loads during the day and charge up the batteries and then send any access solar power into the non essential loads to lower my Eskom bill as much as possible.

I then turned on the "time of day" settings and it immediately started using the batteries but unfortunately it seems to be using the batteries with the solar for both essential and non essential loads. I do not want the batteries to be used at all for non essential loads. I only want the access solar power to be pushed into the non essential loads

Has anyone encountered this type of thing before. Hoping there is a setting that I missed (completely new to the Hybrid inverter)

If its set to limit to home or will use batteries if you use the timer setting. 

On the sunsynk you cannot set it to only use pv for limit to home or loads before the inverter in use timer is activated. 

Limit to home will try to zero your meter from solar or batteries 

Limit to load wil only supply pv and battery to loads directly on the inverter. 

Not sure if you are using the aux but you could put the rest of the house on the aux output and set it to not use batteries if SOC is less than 95% for aux loads. If the grid is available the aux load will still get power. 

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies for only getting back to this thread now.

Thanks for the replies. I think the answer will be to start using the aux load capability on the inverter like @Achmatsuggested.

In the mean time I have limited my max discharge current on the battery side to 30A as I know my essentials will never go above 1500watt.

I have also used the time settings to make sure that the battery cannot drain too much during the night leaving me in the dark should there be unexpected load shedding.

These settings seem to be working quite well for now but I will definitely need to pull through another cable for the aux output and get the full functionality I'm looking for.