"Off-Grid" inverter "SUb" (Solar priority) capability. False advertising or not?

Alex vZ

Can anyone confirm whether the SUb output priority setting on their "Off Grid" inverter gives priority to solar power instead of using the grid as stated in the SUb definition, especially when the battery is fully charged?

I have searched high and low and some sellers even claim that it can do this in their Q&A but then others say that it can not.

The purpose of the SUb would be to maximize the power from the solar (free), minimize the power from the utility (not free) and only use battery as a backup (load shedding/reduction).

Anyone that can test this or knows for a fact?

• Alex vZ changed the title to "Off-Grid" inverter "SUb" (Solar priority) capability. False advertising or not?

My growatt spf 5000es does prioritize pv to load. See screen shot. In the screen shot you will see that my pv tries to provide the load and the utility fills in the rest. The monitoring software isn't able to record it properly.  On the inverter screen you can see that no amps are coming from the utility. 

Still I would advise spending the extra R7k and get a deye.

Screenshot_20210510-164439_ShinePhone.jpg

Came across the growatt spf 5000es earlier and the wording of the manual looked very much the same as the voltronic rebranded inverters which made me doubt it (not sure if it is also a voltronic rebrand) but if this one works then awesome.

From the screenshot, shouldn't Load consumption = Solar production + Import from grid? Or is that what you mean by the recording isnt done properly?

You can see the Solar production is going up from 10h00 - 11h20 which makes sense but the Load consumption and Import from grid are fairly constant

7 hours ago, Alex vZ said:

Anyone that can test this or knows for a fact?

Hi , I do. It Works.

Voltronic Axpert 1000 1 kVA VM MPPT 12V, default configuration. 18 months off grid so far. Recently some issues that I will ask here in this forum.

Inverter will try supply 220 VAC loads directly from Solar Panel if present and sufficient.

Any power not been able to be provided will come from battery bank / Grid or Gen if present

Greetings. 

16 hours ago, Alex vZ said:

Came across the growatt spf 5000es earlier and the wording of the manual looked very much the same as the voltronic rebranded inverters which made me doubt it (not sure if it is also a voltronic rebrand) but if this one works then awesome.

From the screenshot, shouldn't Load consumption = Solar production + Import from grid? Or is that what you mean by the recording isnt done properly?

You can see the Solar production is going up from 10h00 - 11h20 which makes sense but the Load consumption and Import from grid are fairly constant

Your maths is good but the monitoring software only takes snapshots every 5 minutes so the math ends up being wrong.

Other than that I'm happy with the inverter. I do get upset with myself for not spending the extra R7k at the time but the truth is I didn't have it at the time.