SunSynk 5kw parallel and Freedom Won BMS

ithippy

Question

Hi everyone, sounds like a great forum, will contribute where I can, but for now I have a few questions for the Deye/Sunsynk people.

After some research I came up with a system and dived in. v1.0 installed a few days ago.

Unfortunately I have 3 phase to my house, so have one inverter per phase, all sharing one 10kw battery, and so far only solar on 2 of the 3 inverters.

3 x Deye Sun-5k inverters

1 x Freedom Won 10/8 10kw battery

2 x strings of 5 panels each(JA Solar 540W Mono)

WI-FI on each working and connected to solarman

Entire db board on inverter load except for one main geyser that I put directly on Eskom.

Normal stove( need to go to gas still ).

Underfloor heating, connected but not touching it for now until I see where I am going with this.

So far works great, PV makes about 3500 watts peak..

Initial setup questions

1. How do I get my inverters to upgrade to the latest software?

2. BMS. I have a cable from the battery to inverter no 1. BMS signal is ok on inverter 1 and 3 but not showing on 2?

3. BMS. Do I need a terminator on the Freedom Won battery, at the moment I do not have one?

Future?

I am running short here and there and needs to balance a bit to make sure I do not exceed the limits, so my question is.

Should I not just connect the 3 inverters together on one phase and then I have 15kw?

Sort of ignore the other 2 phases or just keep the heating on those.

3 answers to this question

I have one 8kW Sunsynk with the same battery.  The battery came with a terminator for the second network port. My installer mentioned something along the lines of that he had to make up a custom network cable to be able to use the supplied terminator plug. My suggestion is to contact the Freedom Won support and ask them what to do for your specific setup.

I also have 3 phase but rarely used the capacity it afforded. I assume the house got it due to underfloor heating which is like a 2.5kw geyser element x number of rooms you want to switch on.

So I decided to no longer use all three phases

Converted my DB to use just one phase and split it between essentials and non essentials - it works well and I rarely exceed 8 kw which is about 36 Amps and well below the 50 Amp per phase threshold.

Given your setup, it is unlikely you will ever need more than 10kw capacity at a time (especially if you manage this by virtue of your DB setup).

So you could maybe sell one inverter and keep two in parallel to power one phase.

Or if you have so much roof capacity, you could keep 3 inverters and have access to 6 MPPT's to ensure you have maximum exposure to sunlight

On 2021/05/26 at 4:33 PM, ithippy said:

Hi everyone, sounds like a great forum, will contribute where I can, but for now I have a few questions for the Deye/Sunsynk people.

After some research I came up with a system and dived in. v1.0 installed a few days ago.

Unfortunately I have 3 phase to my house, so have one inverter per phase, all sharing one 10kw battery, and so far only solar on 2 of the 3 inverters.

3 x Deye Sun-5k inverters

1 x Freedom Won 10/8 10kw battery

2 x strings of 5 panels each(JA Solar 540W Mono)

WI-FI on each working and connected to solarman

Entire db board on inverter load except for one main geyser that I put directly on Eskom.

Normal stove( need to go to gas still ).

Underfloor heating, connected but not touching it for now until I see where I am going with this.

So far works great, PV makes about 3500 watts peak..

Initial setup questions

1. How do I get my inverters to upgrade to the latest software?

2. BMS. I have a cable from the battery to inverter no 1. BMS signal is ok on inverter 1 and 3 but not showing on 2?

3. BMS. Do I need a terminator on the Freedom Won battery, at the moment I do not have one?

Future?

I am running short here and there and needs to balance a bit to make sure I do not exceed the limits, so my question is.

Should I not just connect the 3 inverters together on one phase and then I have 15kw?

Sort of ignore the other 2 phases or just keep the heating on those.

Deye and Sunsynk inverters are two seperate brands I assume Deye for firmware updates your installer has to request that from Deye. Freedom Won can get complicated best you contact Freedom Won directly for support or get your installer to sort it out.