Sunsynk 8kw + pylontech integration/design cater for startup current

ErwinK

Evening PF team

after reading another thread where warranties was discussed, there seams to be a consensus that Pylontech might frown upon batteries that exceeded the 0.5C charge/discharge rating.

however, on their spec sheet, it states the following :

image.thumb.png.7f0b655d8df1b81d61b45bb1ec459214.png

My requirement is to phase in my solution , purely due to budget.

Thus i will have an 8kw inverter, but i will add circuits based on the amount of batteries connected.

I am going to face scenario's where the planned base load will be 3.0kwh ( 2 x pylontech 3500C at 0.5C), but some spikes may occur due to startup currents (Fridge/freezer etc).

The 50A / 100A specifications on the batery will easily meet these spikes.

In order to protect the pylontech warranty, i believe i can configure the Sunsynk to "export" only 3500watt -> but then how do i cater for the spikes?

any ideas how to otherwise handle this?

note -> The planned base load of 3.0kwh is with scheduled usage of heave devices. Unfortunately "user" (e.g. female :P ) training can only go so far, thus i am certain they will blow past that number easily.

Thx team!

2 minutes ago, YellowTapemeasure said:

You can always consider a Hubble, or a BSL BATT.

That might need to be an option -> but trusting the pylontech investment (if i can safely avoid hitting the limits :(

Also at this point the Hubble /BSL prices i have seen is about 20% more per kwh than the pylontech. I assume this varies based on demand, but once i am locked in, future upgrades will force me to stick with Hubble/ BSL thus pushing upgrade costing.

26 minutes ago, ErwinK said:

That might need to be an option -> but trusting the pylontech investment (if i can safely avoid hitting the limits :(

Also at this point the Hubble /BSL prices i have seen is about 20% more per kwh than the pylontech. I assume this varies based on demand, but once i am locked in, future upgrades will force me to stick with Hubble/ BSL thus pushing upgrade costing.

Makes sense. It's a pity though that you missed the BSL BATT special.

Have you given Steve from the Powerforumstore a call to confirm though?

Edit: Alternatively, you can set both the Sunsynk's charge & discharge rates, so it shouldn't be a total trainsmash, Pylontech does allow for it as you have stated.

Edited by YellowTapemeasure

1 hour ago, ErwinK said:

Evening PF team

after reading another thread where warranties was discussed, there seams to be a consensus that Pylontech might frown upon batteries that exceeded the 0.5C charge/discharge rating.

however, on their spec sheet, it states the following :

image.thumb.png.7f0b655d8df1b81d61b45bb1ec459214.png

My requirement is to phase in my solution , purely due to budget.

Thus i will have an 8kw inverter, but i will add circuits based on the amount of batteries connected.

I am going to face scenario's where the planned base load will be 3.0kwh ( 2 x pylontech 3500C at 0.5C), but some spikes may occur due to startup currents (Fridge/freezer etc).

The 50A / 100A specifications on the batery will easily meet these spikes.

In order to protect the pylontech warranty, i believe i can configure the Sunsynk to "export" only 3500watt -> but then how do i cater for the spikes?

any ideas how to otherwise handle this?

note -> The planned base load of 3.0kwh is with scheduled usage of heave devices. Unfortunately "user" (e.g. female :P ) training can only go so far, thus i am certain they will blow past that number easily.

Thx team!

I'm assuming you have a grid connection so the spikes will come from the grid. 

The only time the BMS will allow the inverter to go over 0.5C is when there is no grid or solar to take care of the spikes. 

I've been running my 8kw and pylontech combo for 11 months and it never went over 0.5c while solar or grid was available and did it twice during load shedding slots that was in the early hours of the morning. 

12 hours ago, Achmat said:

I'm assuming you have a grid connection so the spikes will come from the grid. 

The only time the BMS will allow the inverter to go over 0.5C is when there is no grid or solar to take care of the spikes. 

I've been running my 8kw and pylontech combo for 11 months and it never went over 0.5c while solar or grid was available and did it twice during load shedding slots that was in the early hours of the morning. 

Thank you! This helps!

I was wondering about that -> Can you maybe share what size your Pylontech bank is? I will have Grid available (famous last words), but solar is a bit of a large investment to add. .

Assume you have the Inverter connected to the BMS via CAN ( thus allowing the required communication to occur?)

regards

19 minutes ago, ErwinK said:

Thank you! This helps!

I was wondering about that -> Can you maybe share what size your Pylontech bank is? I will have Grid available (famous last words), but solar is a bit of a large investment to add. .

Assume you have the Inverter connected to the BMS via CAN ( thus allowing the required communication to occur?)

regards

Initially I had 3 x US3000B but added one more us3000c a few months ago. 

Inverter is connected to battery via can. 

9 hours ago, Achmat said:

Initially I had 3 x US3000B but added one more us3000c a few months ago. 

Inverter is connected to battery via can. 

thank you. yup believe spending the additional money wil be worth the peace of mind : )