Hydro turbines operate at a terrible efficiency

Tim Gard

Many people don't realize that there are two different kinds of efficiencies , engineering and scientific. The purpose of using an engineering efficiency is so that you don't waste a lot of time talking about something the engineered device can not Attain. A perfect example of this is a Hydro turbine. A hydro turbine depends on the accelerated mass of water. This mass is absolutely mandatory because the water enters at a high rate of speed. Because you are dealing with a closed system and water is not compressible, it must exit at the same rate of speed. Ever been hit by a truck? Accelerated Mass has huge amounts of energy. When you go to a scientific efficiency you are not allowed to negate anything at all. Not being able to use it is not relevant in scientific efficiencies. When you enter the numbers in a scientific formula on a hydro turbine their efficiencies drop to less than 15%! This is not voodoo magic this is science damn it and if you're going to deal with science you have to deal with all the science not just what the engineers want to deal with. Once you begin looking at elevated water and it's true amount of energy inherent, you realize that using a water turbine is a serious damn mistake. We can achieve our true efficiency of over 80% simply by abandoning turbine Technologies. I have such a device and I have no intention of patenting it. I'm simply too old to expect protecting it would serve any purpose. The planet needs a truly renewable energy that will not require any carbon-based backup. And that's exactly what I'm going to explain if you want to hear about it. And if you want to build one I'll be happy to help you as much as I possibly can through internet communication.  Do a YouTube search HYPEG, water, air, and Tim Gard and you will see the first device that uses compressed air in elevated water that will generate electricity in a true efficiency scientific. As you follow through the understanding you will see how a solar panel can actually generate electricity at 3 a.m. when the sun is not shining. Ohio wind turbine can generate a full amount of required electricity when the wind is not blowing.

5 hours ago, Deonsr said:

I watched the uTube clip, very interesting. What do you mean by building something like this you can help through internet communication?

There is this thing about American law. That's if I even get it. If I sell something to you, and it doesn't work, it's my fault, and you can sue me. If however I sell you the PLANS (blue prints, etc), an it doesn't work... then it is YOUR fault. So every one of these scams work by not selling you a product but instead selling you the plan. The marketing material always have this huge emotional angle to it, or sometimes it will do the old spiel blaming the oil companies (you know, they don't WANT you to know, it's a conspiracy you see!), and then right at the end there will be this thin bit about how it works. Sick of it. HHO and engines running on water and fuel saver devices and charge pumps pretending to generate energy out of thin air...

• 6 years later...
On 2016/10/11 at 1:08 AM, Tim Gard said:

Many people don't realize that there are two different kinds of efficiencies , engineering and scientific. The purpose of using an engineering efficiency is so that you don't waste a lot of time talking about something the engineered device can not Attain. A perfect example of this is a Hydro turbine. A hydro turbine depends on the accelerated mass of water. This mass is absolutely mandatory because the water enters at a high rate of speed. Because you are dealing with a closed system and water is not compressible, it must exit at the same rate of speed. Ever been hit by a truck? Accelerated Mass has huge amounts of energy. When you go to a scientific efficiency you are not allowed to negate anything at all. Not being able to use it is not relevant in scientific efficiencies. When you enter the numbers in a scientific formula on a hydro turbine their efficiencies drop to less than 15%! This is not voodoo magic this is science damn it and if you're going to deal with science you have to deal with all the science not just what the engineers want to deal with. Once you begin looking at elevated water and it's true amount of energy inherent, you realize that using a water turbine is a serious damn mistake. We can achieve our true efficiency of over 80% simply by abandoning turbine Technologies. I have such a device and I have no intention of patenting it. I'm simply too old to expect protecting it would serve any purpose. The planet needs a truly renewable energy that will not require any carbon-based backup. And that's exactly what I'm going to explain if you want to hear about it. And if you want to build one I'll be happy to help you as much as I possibly can through internet communication.  Do a YouTube search HYPEG, water, air, and Tim Gard and you will see the first device that uses compressed air in elevated water that will generate electricity in a true efficiency scientific. As you follow through the understanding you will see how a solar panel can actually generate electricity at 3 a.m. when the sun is not shining. Ohio wind turbine can generate a full amount of required electricity when the wind is not blowing.

Tim, your statements are false and i disagree with you. I am a Hydro Engineer based in south africa. Efficiencies add up through a system by multiplying each one together. Let me give you an example from our hydros we supply:

Overall efficiency = Turbine x Generator x hydraulic(pipeline) x electrical losses(inverter, rectification etc.)

Typical calc: Turbine at 90% x Generator at 90% x Hydraulic line at 95% x Electrical losses 90%

Therefore overall efficiency is 0.9*0.9*0.95*0.9= 69%