Kodak FL5.2

BattleNan8404

Question

Hi I have two Kodak FL 5.2 in parallel 

when turning them on the slave goes on the beeps and goes off the master goes on and flashes the two Leds neg to the alarm and the last led 

when connecting the as master individually the one goes on and discharge the other beeps then goes off 

what could be the issue

6 answers to this question

On 2021/09/04 at 4:25 PM, BattleNan8404 said:

Hi I have two Kodak FL 5.2 in parallel 

I've not hear of those. Can you post a photo, please? It might give me a clue to what Voltronic model it actually is.

[ EDIT: THIS IS A BATTERY NOT AN INVERTER. PLEASE DISREGARD MY QUESTIONS BELOW. ] 

On 2021/09/04 at 4:25 PM, BattleNan8404 said:

when turning them on the slave goes on the beeps and goes off the master goes on and flashes the two Leds neg to the alarm and the last led 

when connecting the as master individually the one goes on and discharge the other beeps then goes off 

I'm having trouble following that. Can you be clear about what LEDs are on, and what fault codes (if any) are showing?

What do you mean by "discharge": is the battery discharging, i.e. the inverter is working and powering the loads?

Are you installing this yourself?

Do you have separate breakers/isolators on the two AC outputs?

Are the inverters in PAL output mode? (Setting 28; you have to have the power switch off to change that setting).

Edited by Coulomb

On 2021/09/05 at 4:53 PM, BattleNan8404 said:

and the FL5.2 battery

Ah! You didn't say it was a battery in your first post. With talk of master, slave, and parallel, I assumed it was an inverter.

Please disregard my questions above. I know nothing about these Kodak batteries, sorry.

Hi 

have you set the dip switches correctly on the batteries 

I.e master dip 3 on

and slave last dip on 

And communication cable should be from rs485 and not can to the inverter li-ion , also inverter batt should be set to lic 

I was having issue with these batteries and finally got the software update from supplier and all seems to workin fine 

I was under the impression that the inverter option 05 must be set to PYL to work with these batts when connecting Inverter can to batt rs485 and communicate properly? Interesting that you select LIC? I have several installs with parallel inverters, some three in parallel wotrking with FL5.2 in Master and salve, and some two slaves. All working like a dream.

Some times these batteries come totally below voltage (43.5VDC) and then it is a nifty workaround to get them going. That is what I suspect you issue was here.

On 2021/12/05 at 1:12 PM, Cozy35 said:

I was under the impression that the inverter option 05 must be set to PYL to work with these batts when connecting Inverter can to batt rs485 and communicate properly? Interesting that you select LIC? I have several installs with parallel inverters, some three in parallel wotrking with FL5.2 in Master and salve, and some two slaves. All working like a dream.

Some times these batteries come totally below voltage (43.5VDC) and then it is a nifty workaround to get them going. That is what I suspect you issue was here.

Hi

Can you maybe give me advice on these inverter battery combinations? I have done two kodak OG PLUS 5.48 and FL5.2 battery combinations and have an issue with both installations. When battery reaches 100% the solar charger switches off and output uses battery power instead of solar until the battery drops to 95%, then it switches back to solar again and repeats the process. Is this normal for the king inverters to behave like this, or is it only on this battery combination? I also used PYL for battery setting. I tested it on all three output source priority settings with utility disconnected and it behaves the same. Asked the suppliers for assistance but did not get any clarity on this. I am concerned that this cycling between 95% and 100%,  several times per hour, could have a influence on the battery life as this is both off grid installations. Panel configuration is as follow: 2S4P Canadian solar 335W.

Did you notice the solar charging behavior on any of your installations at 100% battery soc?