Inverter power up/down sequence for Sunsynk

shovelhead

Hi guys. When needing to perform maintenance on DB boards etc., is there a recommended sequence for powering down and up the inverter, i.e disconnect load first, then grid, then PV, then switch off inverter, then disconnect batteries? I would assume power up to be reverse of above, but is there any different opinion on sequence of this, and why?

The correct sequence is specified in the SunSynk installer manual:

Startup / Shutdown Procedure

The inverter must be installed by a qualified / licensed electrical engineer in accordance to the countries wiring regulations.
Before switching on, the installation engineer must have completed the Earth Bond, RCD and earth leakage tests, checked that the solar panel Voc voltage does not exceed 480V and checked the battery voltage.

Power on Sequence:
1. Switch on AC
2. Press Start Button
3. Switch on Battery and battery breaker
4. Switch on the DC (PV Isolator)

Shutdown Sequence:
1) Switch off AC
2) Press the start button
3) Switch off the battery and the battery breaker
4) Switch off the DC (PV isolator)

• 11 months later...
On 2021/09/09 at 7:17 AM, PowerUser said:

The inverter must be installed by a qualified / licensed electrical engineer in accordance to the countries wiring regulations.
Before switching on, the installation engineer must have completed the Earth Bond, RCD and earth leakage tests, checked that the solar panel Voc voltage does not exceed 480V and checked the battery voltage.

Power on Sequence:
1. Switch on AC
2. Press Start Button

Shutdown Sequence:
1) Switch off AC

I know that this is verbatim from the installer manual, but where is the "Start Button"? The manual refers to it, but does not label it 😀

Is it perhaps the On/Off switch of the inverter at the bottom?

• 5 months later...
On 2021/09/09 at 9:17 AM, PowerUser said:

Power on Sequence:
1. Switch on AC
2. Press Start Button

Shutdown Sequence:
1) Switch off AC

Thanks for the Power on & Shutdown Sequence (as per 6.1. Start-Up / Shutdown Procedure of the manual).

I notice in the manual 5.23. Fault Codes, as solutions, a step in the recommend action is:

1. F13/Reset the system
  2. F20/Reset the inverter
  3. F26/Fully reset the inverter
  4. F18/F23/Restart inverter
  5. F64/Turn off the inverter for 30 minutes and restart.

For items (4) and (5) Restart inverter - I would follow the Shutdown & Power on sequence as per 6.1. Start-Up / Shutdown Procedure of the manual

What are the procedures for:

• Reset the system - items (1) and (2) above?
  • Fully reset the inverter - item (3) above - is this the same as in the manual 5.9 Factory Reset?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by system32

• 3 months later...

I installed a 5kW Sunsynk inverter.  I putt off and then restarted the inverter.  The Normal light is not on anymore.. During load shedding it gives a beeping alarm.

The history on the inverter shows "Over current fault" as the last activity.  What can I do to reset the Inverter into normal mode again.

19 minutes ago, Suzette Muller said:

I installed a 5kW Sunsynk inverter.  I putt off and then restarted the inverter.  The Normal light is not on anymore.. During load shedding it gives a beeping alarm.

The history on the inverter shows "Over current fault" as the last activity.  What can I do to reset the Inverter into normal mode again.

Did you restart the inverter while there was load running from it?