Help: Mecer 3kva failure

Sagren

Question

Hi,

My Mecer 3kva inverter suddenly stopped working. The screen flashes with all the icons displayed and all three LEDs are lit. No power is supplied to the board. The inverter is connected to three 200w solar panels and two 100ah enertec batteries. Has anyone experienced this before? Is this a common fault with this inverter? I had it installed in 2019. What would be the cost of repair for this inverter, if possible? I have attached a video of the fault. Please help!

4 answers to this question

image.png.f6fef0a00e6c5a3e175378d2f3399167.png

The two highlighted errors from the manual both point towards your battery being an issue, are you able to test it?

You can also try a cold reset- remove grid, panel and then battery power, wait for the screen to go off and then restart the inverter in the opposite order.

If it does turn out to be an internal component failure I cannot assist with pricing in your area(SA), sorry. Your installer should be able to help more.

2 hours ago, Shadders said:

both point towards your battery being an issue

Yes. Either your battery or the wiring, including any fuses, isolators, etc.

3 hours ago, Sagren said:

Is this a common fault with this inverter?

No, although lead acid batteries failing after about 2 years is sadly rather common.

3 hours ago, Shadders said:

image.png.f6fef0a00e6c5a3e175378d2f3399167.png

The two highlighted errors from the manual both point towards your battery being an issue, are you able to test it?

You can also try a cold reset- remove grid, panel and then battery power, wait for the screen to go off and then restart the inverter in the opposite order.

If it does turn out to be an internal component failure I cannot assist with pricing in your area(SA), sorry. Your installer should be able to help more.

Yes, I have tried the cold restart. It is currently off. Has been off for a couple of days.