Growatt Battery BMS Protocol Settings

WannabeSolarSparky

Hey everyone,
Where can I find the official list of protocols that need to be set on the growatt inverter for the different brands of batteries.
I have 2 Narada 48NPFC100 100AH batteries and cannot find anywhere which protocol number to set on my new SPF5000ES inverter.

A list for most battery brands will be great as I am planning to buy at least 1 battery from each brand to test them for an upcoming project.

Thanks in advance for advice and that evasive list or at the very least the setting for my 48NPFC100 batteries :)

• 3 weeks later...
On 2021/10/02 at 7:45 PM, WannabeSolarSparky said:

Hey everyone,
Where can I find the official list of protocols that need to be set on the growatt inverter for the different brands of batteries.
I have 2 Narada 48NPFC100 100AH batteries and cannot find anywhere which protocol number to set on my new SPF5000ES inverter.

A list for most battery brands will be great as I am planning to buy at least 1 battery from each brand to test them for an upcoming project.

Thanks in advance for advice and that evasive list or at the very least the setting for my 48NPFC100 batteries :)

Hello good day to you, I'm also looking for the South African Lithium battery protocol. If you ever get it I would like to try it in my setup as well.

I've contacted the OEM, they told me they are not providing it.

23 hours ago, Antonio de Sa said:

Hello good day to you, I'm also looking for the South African Lithium battery protocol. If you ever get it I would like to try it in my setup as well.

I have found the bms modbus protocol for the narada bms :) and am busy writing some code to extract the data and use it on my stats portal.
As soon as I have it working I will share it with the community.
I am so over all these guys keeping the code "secret" :)
Data and full control must be free and easy to extract especially given the high prices we pay for the equipment :)

1 hour ago, WannabeSolarSparky said:

"
As soon as I have it working I will share it with the community."

I for one will be very interested. Thank you.

"I am so over all these guys keeping the code "secret" :)
Data and full control must be free and easy to extract especially given the high prices we pay for the equipment :)"

Could not agree more . It's nonsense. Many companies have offered the following seemingly good excuses, but otherwise lame :

1. They don't have the resource to provide support and follow up queries once the protocol is released. Well what about a good document , like EG MODBUS protocol.   Lazy and lame. 

2 they too scared that they will provide you with a gun to shoot yourself: lame. If a certain voltage setting parameter can damage the product , then quite frankly it's a useless product . A good protocol driver will be developed to accept parameters only within a specified operating range.

If the industry keep on going this  route, they will do us , themselves harm in the long run. 

1 hour ago, WannabeSolarSparky said:

31 minutes ago, dropkick said:

1. They don't have the resource to provide support and follow up queries once the protocol is released. Well what about a good document , like EG MODBUS protocol.   Lazy and lame. 

2 they too scared that they will provide you with a gun to shoot yourself: lame. If a certain voltage setting parameter can damage the product , then quite frankly it's a useless product . A good protocol driver will be developed to accept parameters only within a specified operating range.

If the industry keep on going this  route, they will do us , themselves harm in the long run. 

I only have one option and that is to get the battery values from my Growatt inverters. as well as setting the charge, discharge and float voltage.

So far it looks ok, see my values herewith.

image.thumb.png.689a7789f7a841daad2b0eb274c545a2.png

image.thumb.png.69553a57aaf74bc45ab54f9954ebf40c.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2021/10/22 at 11:15 AM, Antonio de Sa said:

Use Protocol 52 for LBSA batteries

9 minutes ago, Wilco said:

Use Protocol 52 for LBSA batteries

After a long struggle my son managed to connect to the LBSA BMS battery, I think using Modbus with a Raspberry PI. We are now able to get all the necessary data from the battery's BMS.  see attached, I'm still not connected  BMS to the inverters, still using the inverter parameter settings to optimize battery usage, we will try sometime this weekend to connect the BMS. will let you know the outcome. 

image.thumb.png.380dc1a599f1c6a36829aed1242e3f6c.png