More Pylontech's or something else?

double

Hi all,

I currently have a 5kW Deye inverter with 5.4kW of panels, and a single Pylontech US2000 battery. The obvious shortcoming with this system is the size of my battery. The plan has always been to upgrade the battery as funds become available. So my question is, is there a better option than buying three more US2000 batteries? Total cost would be around R35k which would give me 2.4*4=9.6*80%=7.68kWh capacity, which is perfect for my needs. This would also allow me to draw 5kW, which is the max of my inverter. If I get more Pyltontechs, I also don't have to sell the one I already have.

Does anyone have any other suggestions, which may perform better or cost less?

On 2021/11/08 at 10:33 PM, double said:

So my question is, is there a better option than buying three more US2000 batteries?

I think you won’t find the US2000 anymore as it’s now the new US2000C models. Adding the new model might mean a software upgrade on the old battery, Its something I heard but not sure about. I’m in the same boat thinking to add another pylon to my US3000 or go for the promising 1C batteries, however I’m a bit wary of the greener looking grass on the other side of the fence. 

I think the forum should have a battery swop out club where guys can swop their US2000 & 3000 for C models and vice versus to maintain the same models in their stack😃

It could also work for inverters ... people wanting pure sine wave online inverters purely for backup system in offices and factories for example ... I am looking at upgrading an inverter for a customer to a hybrid ... and selling the axpert king to another customer ... where we will be removing an old RCT inverter (past it sell by date ... but still working) ... we are experiencing lots power issues and the old RCT cant be set to stay online. 

• 3 months later...
On 2021/11/08 at 10:33 PM, double said:

Hi all,

I currently have a 5kW Deye inverter with 5.4kW of panels, and a single Pylontech US2000 battery. The obvious shortcoming with this system is the size of my battery. The plan has always been to upgrade the battery as funds become available. So my question is, is there a better option than buying three more US2000 batteries? Total cost would be around R35k which would give me 2.4*4=9.6*80%=7.68kWh capacity, which is perfect for my needs. This would also allow me to draw 5kW, which is the max of my inverter. If I get more Pyltontechs, I also don't have to sell the one I already have.

Does anyone have any other suggestions, which may perform better or cost less?

It would be interesting to know what you ended up doing, did you get more Pylons? have you sold your one US2000 battery?