Powerforum as a service provider?

Just-ify

Hi all

First time post here - and self-confessed solar newbie :-).

I'm in the market for a complete hybrid solar installation (probably going inverter and LiFePO4 with inverter and later solar) - but there are so many installers and so many sharks out there... on that note, I'm someone who likes to pay it forward, or at least, support communities that are supportive - so I'd like to know, does anyone have any positive experience with PowerForum as installers? I live in Stellenbosch and they seem to be based nearby so it could potentially be a win-win. I realise this is a loaded question, as they seem to be sponsors, so that's why I'm strategically asking for positive vetting ;-).

Thanks all.
J

32 minutes ago, Just-ify said:

Hi all

First time post here - and self-confessed solar newbie :-).

I'm in the market for a complete hybrid solar installation (probably going inverter and LiFePO4 with inverter and later solar) - but there are so many installers and so many sharks out there... on that note, I'm someone who likes to pay it forward, or at least, support communities that are supportive - so I'd like to know, does anyone have any positive experience with PowerForum as installers? I live in Stellenbosch and they seem to be based nearby so it could potentially be a win-win. I realise this is a loaded question, as they seem to be sponsors, so that's why I'm strategically asking for positive vetting ;-).

Thanks all.
J

Hi, and welcome!

You must be referring to the PowerforumStore. They specified and supplied my kit, everything down to the last nut and bolt, and recommended a good installer for me, it was a great experience and the system still works great 15 months later, so I am sure that they can do the same for you. What kit are you eyeing?

40 minutes ago, YellowTapemeasure said:

Hi, and welcome!

You must be referring to the PowerforumStore. They specified and supplied my kit, everything down to the last nut and bolt, and recommended a good installer for me, it was a great experience and the system still works great 15 months later, so I am sure that they can do the same for you. What kit are you eyeing?

Hey YellowTapemeasure, thanks for the feedback!

I'll obviously need a bucket full of advice, but from the bit of research I've done, I'd probably be in the market for a Sunsynk 5/8kw inverter with either a SolarMD 7.4kw LiFePO4 or a Freedom Won 5/4kw battery bank. I've heard good things of the SolarMD units and apparently, unlike  the Freedom Won units, they support adding additional units out of the box without limitations. Panels will be a second purchase most probably, after a professional roof inspection etc.

10 minutes ago, Just-ify said:

Hey YellowTapemeasure, thanks for the feedback!

I'll obviously need a bucket full of advice, but from the bit of research I've done, I'd probably be in the market for a Sunsynk 5/8kw inverter with either a SolarMD 7.4kw LiFePO4 or a Freedom Won 5/4kw battery bank. I've heard good things of the SolarMD units and apparently, unlike  the Freedom Won units, they support adding additional units out of the box without limitations. Panels will be a second purchase most probably, after a professional roof inspection etc.

That's a good great choice of inverter, I have the 5.5K and it's pretty solid and flexible at the same time. I take it that you are primarily escaping poor, unreliable power supply then? It's a good time for that, we will have the same (if not worse) supply for the next 6 years or so.

Please document you journey and experiences here, because you are not the only one facing and learning, we all are, Your decisions, and the consequences are also an inspiration to many others who may choose it, even if it's in 6-12-18 month's time.  And don't forget, we like photographs very much.

Best of luck!   

1 hour ago, Just-ify said:

Panels will be a second purchase most probably, after a professional roof inspection etc.

Lesson I learnt today ... do not assume your roof is in good condition.  I did ... and may live to regret it.  Rather get a qualitfied contractor to check and prepare your roof before slapping on some panels. 

Edited by Scubadude

Just now, Scubadude said:

Lesson I learnt today ... do not assume your roof is in good condition.  I did ... and may live to regret it.  Rather get a qualitfied contractor to check and prepare your roof before slaappoing on some panels. 

Thanks Scubadude, noted. I actually had my roof repainted and waterproofed recently - I think in my case the optimal panel position could be tricky - but I'll let the experts advise me on that.