Midday inverter cuts off battery

LeeMun

Good day 

what causes the Mecer 5kVA/5kW to cut off solar midday. 
Is there a setting am missing. 
my option 1 is Sol. 
I want a situation whereby during the day we use solar for loads and to charge the battery and only use eskom at night or when solar is not enough. 
thanks. 
Inverter is detecting my Pv voltage = 89V. 

F6DB7EF3-5A37-4426-8B06-9FBF615A9900.jpeg

There is a bug in the axperts that seems to be related to going into float. Search for the dip and freeze posts here. When it happens the solar shuts down and doesn't always start up. Do you have any monitoring on your system such as ICC or Solar Assistant? Sadly if this is the case there is currently no watertight solution.

On 2021/12/02 at 9:54 AM, Buyeye said:

Hi @LeeMun 89 volts would be OK for a low voltage inverter 145vdc but it would be too low for a high voltage inverter 450vdc.

Please check the sticker on the side of your inverter to confirm which model you have.

On 2021/12/02 at 2:49 PM, Shadders said:

There is a bug in the axperts that seems to be related to going into float. Search for the dip and freeze posts here. When it happens the solar shuts down and doesn't always start up. Do you have any monitoring on your system such as ICC or Solar Assistant? Sadly if this is the case there is currently no watertight solution.

I don’t have any monitoring, planning to get 1 . 
I will check for the dip & freeze posts. 
thank you