Starter Kit - Kodak 3kW VMIII + Pylon US2000B Plus

shazybug

Hello All

First post here - a wealth of knowledge on this site and it has helped me make a somewhat informed decision.  We have a solar geyser, gas hob and LED lights in our house.  I would like to install a system to beat load shedding for the 2.5 hours when it happens.  I calculated our max load of 1800W excluding pool pump, geyser, irrigation, gate motor, oven, etc.  At any time, I think the typical draw would be about 1200W.  Most important is our fibre routers and work server that needs to be up.  No need to run the pool pump, etc during load shedding - I will split the dB.

I am keen to go for the Kodak VMIII inverter and pylon US2000B kit from this site.  It is a 24V system.  It will also allow me to add a few panels later. My budget around R25k.

My understanding is that the VMIII system allows 'blending' of power.  For example, if I had solar panels, it can be set to first use the solar power and then make up the shortfall from the utility.  Is my understanding correct?  I would like to add some panels at a later stage.

Any better ideas on how to spend R25k?

Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...