Sun Pays Lithium Batteries and Deye: BMS communications

Chris Olivier

Good day 

i have changed from 5kw Mercer inv to n 8kw Deye inverter with my existing 5x 4,8/100Ah Sun Pay’s Lithium Batteries.

it seems that the BMS is not communicating on the Deye inverter is there any solution as to get it working

any asssitance will be appreciated

Thanks Chris

1. Do you have the CAN or RS485 pinouts for both devices? If so, did you make up a cable accordingly?
2. Does your Inverter have a Li Protocol for this battery. If not you will need to check with Deye which Protocol to use, that is to say there is a compatible protocol. The Sun Pays should also be able to assist with the cable pin requirements and Protocol if they claim Deye compatibility.
3. In the absence of BMS comms, use the USR mode and set your voltages as per the Battery specs and let the BMS control the charge parameters.

Edited by zsde

Hi thanks for reply yes both do have Can & RS485 points bothe have been tried but with no succses

i did set Battery spec to USER with the Battery Voltages & spec from the Batt as per Sun Pays but it is not working nice as the App show battery Persentage as 15% but on Battery BMS it is still at 57% so i am not able to monitor correctly outside/Away from home

Seems those batteries are not compatible with the Deye and there may not be a work around to get BMS to communicate with your Deye... best bet  is a thumb suck and constant monitoring. Not all batteries are compatible with all inverters even if they have CAN-BUS or RS485.

On 2023/05/12 at 4:20 PM, Chris Olivier said:

so i am not able to monitor correctly outside/Away from home

consider Solar Assistant which allows monitoring both the battery and the Inverter from anywhere.
I would still challenge the SunPays on their claim of compatibility. 

• Moderator2 changed the title to Sun Pays Lithium Batteries and Deye: BMS communications
On 2023/05/12 at 1:09 PM, Chris Olivier said:

Good day 

i have changed from 5kw Mercer inv to n 8kw Deye inverter with my existing 5x 4,8/100Ah Sun Pay’s Lithium Batteries.

it seems that the BMS is not communicating on the Deye inverter is there any solution as to get it working

any asssitance will be appreciated

Thanks Chris

Are these the older model Sunpays 48v 100ah? I was interested in buying a set used and using them with the Sunpays axpert vmiii but was told they won't communicate. It is the newer models with screens that will work with the CAN/rs comms. Just what I could findout. Best of luck!