Sunsynk 12KW 3Phase

RuanLaubscher

Good day guys, I need some advice and assistance on the following.

I have a little confusion over the grid input/output on the inverter.

My total Home Load  is about 15KW at max

I am looking to connect only essentials(1KW max) on the Load output of the inverter in order to battle loadshedding right.

The rest of the load will stay on the mains , but id like to supplement the mains via the PV to lower electricity costs.

Should this load exceed 12KW , would the rest of the load be supplied via the mains like in a typical gridtie application? Without tripping the inverter

Thanks in advance.

On 2023/05/29 at 2:43 PM, RuanLaubscher said:

Good day guys, I need some advice and assistance on the following.

I have a little confusion over the grid input/output on the inverter.

My total Home Load  is about 15KW at max

I am looking to connect only essentials(1KW max) on the Load output of the inverter in order to battle loadshedding right.

The rest of the load will stay on the mains , but id like to supplement the mains via the PV to lower electricity costs.

Should this load exceed 12KW , would the rest of the load be supplied via the mains like in a typical gridtie application? Without tripping the inverter

Thanks in advance.

I am not referring to the aux output. If anyone could assist that would be great

They 12kw rating is for essentials ie things connected behind the inverter, which will be powered up even when there is no grid. 

There's no limit on the non essentials ie those things not connected through the inverter. The limit will be the municipal supply / meter. 

So if you only want 1kw essentials to be supplied during loadshedding there's no reason to go with a 12kw machine. 

20 hours ago, abd7 said:

They 12kw rating is for essentials ie things connected behind the inverter, which will be powered up even when there is no grid. 

There's no limit on the non essentials ie those things not connected through the inverter. The limit will be the municipal supply / meter. 

So if you only want 1kw essentials to be supplied during loadshedding there's no reason to go with a 12kw machine. 

Perfect thanks 

12 hours ago, FixAMess said:

Is your home running on 3 phase power, as above, if you only have 1kW on essentials you dont need a large capacity, 3 phase inverter.

20 hours ago, abd7 said:

Thanks for the help

Yes my house have a 3phase supply .

The reason for the 12kw inverter is i want to use as little as possible power from the grid during the day when pool pump, washing machine etc etc are running and eventually in the future to go “off grid”.

Once the system is up and running ill do my changes on the essential side