Sunsynk Loadshedder 4 in a small apartment

Steve87

A fairly new product that I think will add a lot of value to ppl living in an apartment. The Loadshedder 4. It's a 3.6kW all in one unit by Sunsynk. There is also a 2.4kW Loadshedder 2 machine also available. Given that this client has a gas geyser gas stove the 3.6kW will go a very long way. Also with a 40A AC passthrough this device is in actual fact a very valuable performer. It has the ability to add Batteries externally or to parallel more units to expand and scale. 

Screenshot_2023-09-12-17-45-45-727_com.miui.gallery-edit.jpg

Screenshot_2023-09-12-17-45-35-233_com.miui.gallery-edit.jpg

Screenshot_2023-09-12-17-45-22-274_com.miui.gallery-edit.jpg

Screenshot_2023-09-12-17-45-08-958_com.miui.gallery-edit.jpg

Screenshot_2023-09-12-17-44-47-034_com.miui.gallery-edit.jpg

Hi Guys, that pricing is about in that region. The machine works well & if you can hang a TV & get a competent Electrician that can wire the AC side and spilt loads from Essential & Non then this solution is perfect. The machine has the ability to parallel & can take PV and has a CT coil exactly as the normal Sunsynk inverters and sports the exact same operations. Except it has cooling fans but they are much Quieter than the Voltronics type of machines. 

The connectivity is via the Sunsynk Connect App, however, you cannot change settings yet on the app I suspect that will still be developed. I was very Impressed by the quality & the price point. Overall, this product on face value will be a winner. Once again, if Deye launch the same machine I don't see any difference as they are OEM. In fact this point in time I would buy a Deye product of anything Sunsynk as their support and RMA is 2 weeks vs 6 weeks. This particular product is still new but if considering Deye I'd say jump both feet in, just make sure to pair up with a Solar assistant because I must admit the user interface on the Sunsynk is better but when Solar assistant is added there is zip difference. 

Wow! I've seen a couple of other products that fulfill the same need, but nowhere near as elegantly packaged, nor could the others be wall mounts.

Not cheap, but it does a lot more and will last a lot longer than the trolley inverter type solution. 

Get one of these. Back up everything except geyser(s) and stove, and then the owner just has to control things like the microwave whilst they still have lights, plugs, wifi, TV. 

A for away, China!

Bonus points if
1) You can restrict the current it will draw from the grid for recharging (I'm thinking of load restriction)
2) You can tell it to wait a period of time after grid restoration before it starts charging (thinking of post restoration surges)

Ok so ride report on the Loadshedder for those wanting to install & make use of it. The Inverter has been throwing AC_overcurrent faults on the Sunsynk connect app. When loads are very small as we enter loadshedding. There is no data on this machine & what I have found is that this Inverter is not yet properly compatible with the Sunsynk Connect portal. The AC overcurrent is actually meant to be a Disconnect from the grid notification as per normal that everyone receives who has a Sunsynk. 

Settings are not adjustable remotely yet. I tested the passthrough up to 6kW of AC passthrough before we ran out of stuff to turn on. She just worked as published. 

One more very weird thing. The inverter displays Voltage & SoC. Default settings are Voltage settings out of the box. If you change them to be SoC based the inverter has some very weird behavior. So keep them as default voltage settings and adjust accordingly. Bobs your Uncle then she just works. 

Don't expect touch screen display or any luxury but otherwise she works pretty well once you try to get past trying to keep touching the display. 

Been an interesting product so far. 

Screenshot_2023-09-18-21-02-17-639_com.miui.gallery-edit.jpg