Axpert 5K Inverters in parallel

creyneke

I have just installed a second parallel Axpert and having a similar issue, I suspect the new Axpert is faulty, any assistance or advice would be appreciated, otherwise will be returning the unit next week.

The new machine is the slave and gives no AC output. I tried connecting alone, removing parallel comms cables, and set it to single on setting 28 (with the parallel board still in, not sure if this makes any difference?) still no AC output

Both machines accept parallel settings [HS] and [SL], but strangely the new [SL] machine flashes [NE] every 10 seconds, not sure what this means.

Also ICC does not see the slave at all and if both connected ICC show different readings from the inverter

If I run the geny for AC input (am offgrid), only get battery charging from the master, nothing from new slave machine

On 2018/12/20 at 6:42 AM, plonkster said:

I've had two support calls already from people with the new Multiplus who didn't parallel up the outputs correctly. 

I've a second MPII on route, is the parallel wiring and configuration officially documented on the Blue site anywhere ?

7 hours ago, Colin said:

The new machine is the slave and gives no AC output. I tried connecting alone, removing parallel comms cables, and set it to single on setting 28 (with the parallel board still in, not sure if this makes any difference?) still no AC output

That does not sound good for the new machine. Leaving the parallel board in should make absolutely no difference.

7 hours ago, Colin said:

Both machines accept parallel settings [HS] and [SL], but strangely the new [SL] machine flashes [NE] every 10 seconds, not sure what this means.

NE means "NEw". Every machine starts of being a "new" before it decides if it's a "master" or "slave". That sounds like setting 28 is still set to PAR though, or it would go straight to "master". Did you remember to turn the power off when changing setting 28 from PAR back to SNG?

7 hours ago, Colin said:

Also ICC does not see the slave at all and if both connected ICC show different readings from the inverter

If I run the geny for AC input (am offgrid), only get battery charging from the master, nothing from new slave machine

It sure sounds like the new machine isn't happy. I assume it must be the same or very similar firmware version, and not a clone... is that the case? Otherwise, you'd presumably not see HS and SL.

8 hours ago, Coulomb said:

NE means "NEw". Every machine starts of being a "new" before it decides if it's a "master" or "slave". That sounds like setting 28 is still set to PAR though, or it would go straight to "master". Did you remember to turn the power off when changing setting 28 from PAR back to SNG? 

Yes I did turn power off, setting cannot be changed if power still on

8 hours ago, Coulomb said:

It sure sounds like the new machine isn't happy. I assume it must be the same or very similar firmware version, and not a clone... is that the case? Otherwise, you'd presumably not see HS and SL. 

New machine has version 74 (5KW 5kVa PF1) old one (5KW 4kVa PF0.8) I flashed to 72.7c as per http://forums.aeva.asn.au/viewtopic.php?p=66644#p66644

Before flashing I had 73.00c and got error 72 'firmware version of each inverter not the same'

• 3 weeks later...

Installed and paralleled fine, however:

Master shows [04] - low battery, even when battery over 50V with setting (29), cut out, set to 47,5V;setting (26), bulk charge, set to 53,2V and setting (27) float set to 52,5V. Slave does not show low battery with same settings.

ICC does not see the slave Axpert, not sure if I need USB for each inverter or only Master? If I plug USB - Pi both master and slave, then ICC does not see either. If I plug only master, it sees only master. I have selected Axpert 5kva Parallel, and then specified 2 inverters and saved setting in ICC. Tried restarting ICC and Pi, no joy.

5 hours ago, Colin said:

Master shows [04] - low battery, even when battery over 50V with setting (29), cut out, set to 47,5V;setting (26), bulk charge, set to 53,2V and setting (27) float set to 52,5V. Slave does not show low battery with same settings.

From those settings, it sounds like you have a PylonTech or similar LFP battery, and that's why you want the cutoff voltage so high. With unpatched firmware, even though you won't get a new battery low warning until the battery goes below 47,5 V + 2,0 V = 49,5 V, you won't get rid of an existing battery low warning until the battery rises above 47,5 V + 4,0 V = 51,5 V. So perhaps next decent charge will see it go away.

For patched LFP firmware, those thresholds become 47,5 V + 0,5 V = 48,0 V (alarm) and 47,5 V + 1,0 V = 48,5 V (alarm reset). As you can see, these are far more useful values. 

ICC does not see the slave Axpert, not sure if I need USB for each inverter or only Master? If I plug USB - Pi both master and slave, then ICC does not see either. If I plug only master, it sees only master. I have selected Axpert 5kva Parallel, and then specified 2 inverters and saved setting in ICC. Tried restarting ICC and Pi, no joy.

You might have to ask that question on the Internet of Things forum, Axpert Control Software subforum. I'm pretty sure you only need to talk to one inverter, and it could be master or slave [ edit: i.e. doesn't matter if master or slave ].

Edited by Coulomb

2 hours ago, Coulomb said:

From those settings, it sounds like you have a PylonTech or similar LFP battery, and that's why you want the cutoff voltage so high. With unpatched firmware, even though you won't get a new battery low warning until the battery goes below 47,5 V + 2,0 V = 49,5 V, you won't get rid of an existing battery low warning until the battery rises above 47,5 V + 4,0 V = 51,5 V. So perhaps next decent charge will see it go away.

For patched LFP firmware, those thresholds become 47,5 V + 0,5 V = 48,0 V (alarm) and 47,5 V + 1,0 V = 48,5 V (alarm reset). As you can see, these are far more useful values.

Thanks, unfortunately this is a 5kVa/5KW inverter which does not have patch firmware.

2 hours ago, Coulomb said:

You might have to ask that question on the Internet of Things forum, Axpert Control Software subforum. I'm pretty sure you only need to talk to one inverter, and it could be master or slave.

Will try there thanks