CONTROL BOARDS

victronics

I HAVE HAD SERIES OF CHALLENGES IN INVERTER REPAIRS, I HAVE PROVIDED SOLUTIONS TO ALL THOSE CHALLENGES EXCEPT WHEN IT INVOLVES A CONTROL BOARD

THE MOST CHALLENGING PART OF IT IS THAT YOU WILL NOT SEE ANY PHYSICALLY DAMAGED COMPONENT IN THE FAULTY CONTROL BOARD.

NORMALLY, WHAT I DO WHEN THE INVERTER BOARD CONCERNS THE CONTROL BOARD IS TO REPLACE IT WITH A NEW ONE. 

IN MY WORKSHOP, I HAVE ABOUT 20 PIECES OF FAULTY CONTROL BOARDS. 

MY QUESTIONS ARE

1) MUST I KEEP ON REPLACING?

2) IS THE CONTROL BOARD NOT REPAIRABLE?

THANKS

CONTROL BOARD.jpg

21 minutes ago, victronics said:

I don't recognise the control board, what inverter is that from?

In general the answer is likely NO. Because that chip in the middle with the 00010 on it, that is a microcontroller with some kind of programming that is programmed into it, and unless you are very lucky (and the inverter maker is very sloppy) and you have the tools to read it, you can't replace that chip. Well, you can replace the chip, but you can't reprogram it. Therefore, you almost always have to get a new one from the manufacturer, and they will sell you the whole board and not just the chip.

@Gerlach i appreciate your contribution. i have once replaced a control board because of ERROR 08 meaning that BUS VOLTAGE IS TOO HIGH. But on many occasions, the inverter may come ON but the screen will remain dead and the fan will keep turning. I replaced the screen but all the same. but on replacing the CONTROL BOARD, everything became normal  

4 hours ago, victronics said:

One big problem is that no-one seems to have a schematic. Well, I've seen a tiny portion of one, so they must exist, but not for the general public.

Apart from getting the bootloader into the processor, there isn't much on the control board that seems particularly tricky, just buffers, op-amps, the power supplies for the processor, and the EEPROM chip. But the back of it is covered in SMD Rs and Cs, so without a schematic, it would be really hard going repairing it.

7 hours ago, Luminous said:

What if you move the micro from the old board over to the new one. 

That's a pretty major operation. You need a special heat gun attachment, and it's difficult to solder the chip onto the new board without causing a lot of shorts between adjacent pads.

18 hours ago, victronics said:

The one I am working on right now is showing ERROR 09. @Gerlach

i will need your Email and Phone Number. it is like we have a lot to discuss.

@victronics Can you maybe post a photo of the board and the side of the inverter where info is of the inverter. Want to check something. You will pm you my number.