Wanted: Commodore 64.

Jaco De Jongh

46 minutes ago, Jaco de Jongh said:

If anyone has an old Commodore 64 stacked in a cupboard and are willing to part with it. Please PM me. 

I've seen modern remakes of it, but I suspect it runs some kind of ARM processor with an emulator.

15 minutes ago, Jaco de Jongh said:

Can you please point me in that direction, I cant seem to find it?

Google for "commodore 64 remake" and "commodore 64 mini".

Takealot even sells it.

But as I said, I think it's got ARM guts with an emulator. It does not have an actual 6150 processor like the original. If you just want to play some retro games, then maybe the remake is ok. If you need it for some programming project, then you might as well run your own on an Rpi 🙂

14 minutes ago, Gerlach said:

I see there was some of this stuff on our Audio forum. I guess it was you posting there? https://www.avforums.co.za/index.php/topic,81944.0.html

Hi Gerlach, I you are asking me... nope I am not part of that forum. I wanted to look at that link but see that I need to be registered. 

7 minutes ago, Gerlach said:

Someone got a set there.

Man, look at that Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K. That was my first experience ever with a PC while still in primary school. In high school I swapped it for a 175 CC Scrambler. What memories.. 

There was some serious rivalry those years.. Commodore VS Sinclair. 

31 minutes ago, Jaco de Jongh said:

Man, look at that Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K. That was my first experience ever with a PC while still in primary school. In high school I swapped it for a 175 CC Scrambler. What memories.. 

You guys are old. By the time I grew an interest in computers the PC had been invented 😛

Well, in 1985 I had my first exposure to a BBC Micro. So there is that. But really it starts in 1988 when my primary school bought a heap of "ICL Elf" computers. That had the castrated 8088 processor (8-bit bus, the 8086 had a 16-bit bus).

If some of you guys are interested, check this page out on facebrick. A few of us locals who enjoy the old tech ;)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/vintagecomputingsa

I have a fair few old machines floating about at home, starting with the 8bit machines of the likes mentioned here - Vic20, C64, Speccy's - and then up from there into the 8088/286/386 etc machines.