Axpert VMIII Bluetooth Connection-WatchPower

Ron MJ

Question

Dear friends, I have a VMIII Axpert Inverter. I connected to the inverter through Bluetooth on my android device with the Watchpower app. Now I am trying to add another android device but the watchpower app on the second device cannot detect the inverter Bluetooth . If I use the first phone, it still connects easily but any other phone, it is not working. Could it be that the Axpert inverter is set to take only one phone. I have tried to unpair the first phone and try and connect the second phone. How to I remove the first phone to allow another set up?

10 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Ron MJ said:

Dear friends, I have a VMIII Axpert Inverter. I connected to the inverter through Bluetooth on my android device with the Watchpower app. Now I am trying to add another android device but the watchpower app on the second device cannot detect the inverter Bluetooth . If I use the first phone, it still connects easily but any other phone, it is not working. Could it be that the Axpert inverter is set to take only one phone. I have tried to unpair the first phone and try and connect the second phone. How to I remove the first phone to allow another set up?

It should not be a problem, will test it with my wife’s phone and get back to you if I have a similar problem. Will do the test in an hour when her phone is back :)

Yes, same problem as you.
Watchpower app was already on the wife’s phone, it did not pick up any of my inverters.

I unpaired on my phone, paired on wife’s phone, it see them in the Bluetooth settings but it don’t pick up in Watchpower. I tried everything except for deleting the app from my phone. I even switched off Bluetooth on my phone, nada. Looks like it is matched for life to the first device connected. That is a bummer, what now when my contract expires and I upgrade to a new phone?

The bad thing regarding Bluetooth connectivity is not only that one device can be connected as the same time but also that you need to be close to your inverter.

To enhance monitoring and management features of your inverter I recommend check out Enapter ENP-RS232-MPP module which connects to inverter serial port from one side and to the Wi-Fi from the other and deliver data to cloud allowing to monitor device in realtime on unlimited amount of devices using iOS and Android application.

More details can be found on their page: https://solarmonitor.enapter.com

Edited by nkrasko
make link clickable

On 2019/12/04 at 10:10 PM, Wilfred said:

Yes, same problem as you.
Watchpower app was already on the wife’s phone, it did not pick up any of my inverters.

I unpaired on my phone, paired on wife’s phone, it see them in the Bluetooth settings but it don’t pick up in Watchpower. I tried everything except for deleting the app from my phone. I even switched off Bluetooth on my phone, nada. Looks like it is matched for life to the first device connected. That is a bummer, what now when my contract expires and I upgrade to a new phone?

I was having similar problem, My 1st mobile was working fine while the 2nd one was not displaying anything under Watchpower scan menu.

1st device had GPS enabled while the 2nd one GPS was turned off.

issue is resolved by enabling GPS on both devices.

I have a different issue with mine, the inverter connects with my android phone, but does not give me the option of being able to enter the password, have deleted the application and reloaded it, to to no avail.

22 hours ago, Abraham said:

I have a different issue with mine, the inverter connects with my android phone, but does not give me the option of being able to enter the password, have deleted the application and reloaded it, to to no avail.

Happened to me as well,

Once you click connect inside Watchpower, then instantly you will see a Connect & Peer option on the status bar of the phone, Click CONNECT & PEER twice, then you might see password box.

With me the password box did show up doing the above step.