Phocos Inverter and Pylontech Battery

Fox-ZW

Afternoon, 

Has any one worked out how to get a phocos inverter to "talk" to the pylon tech batteries?

I have tried the firmware update and the entered manual settings, however the batteries indicate full charge and the inverter indicates 33% charge. 

Thanks in advance

Hi, 

Even the Axpert inverters are way off with SOC determination. 

What are your settings currently... back to grid/back to battery/bulk and float charge and cut-off. 
Do you have any way of monitoring? Why I am asking, if not enough PV they should switch and charge from grid between 30-20% SOC. When PV kick in they will charge as long as there are PV available, but will not charge from grid if above the 30-20% as I mentioned above.
The batteries should manage themselves even when not communicating with a RS485 cable. 
I found that they can hover at 48V for a very long time (around 2-3 hours maybe more, depending on load).

On 2019/12/20 at 12:53 AM, Fox-ZW said:

phocos inverter to "talk" to the pylon tech batteries?

I have tried the firmware update

These seem to be Axpert "work-alikes". Did you use Phocos firmware or Axpert firmware, or are they not that compatible?

Is yours a PSW-H model?

• 5 months later...
On 2019/12/19 at 4:53 PM, Fox-ZW said:

Afternoon, 

Has any one worked out how to get a phocos inverter to "talk" to the pylon tech batteries?

I have tried the firmware update and the entered manual settings, however the batteries indicate full charge and the inverter indicates 33% charge. 

Thanks in advance

Hello

Did you manage to get the correct communication cable between Pylon-Phocos?

On 2019/12/19 at 5:53 PM, Wilfred said:

Hi, 

Even the Axpert inverters are way off with SOC determination. 

What are your settings currently... back to grid/back to battery/bulk and float charge and cut-off. 
Do you have any way of monitoring? Why I am asking, if not enough PV they should switch and charge from grid between 30-20% SOC. When PV kick in they will charge as long as there are PV available, but will not charge from grid if above the 30-20% as I mentioned above.
The batteries should manage themselves even when not communicating with a RS485 cable. 
I found that they can hover at 48V for a very long time (around 2-3 hours maybe more, depending on load).

Hello

Would greatly appreciate understanding how you set-up your geysers "off-grid" indicated in your Spec below and how you managed to significantly lower your consumption:

I have just installed the following:

5740 Kw PV Array + 5KW Phocos Inverter + 7Kwh Pylontech US3000

I have not connected my 200L geysers through Inverter (isolated the circuit, so powered direct from grid), though would be interested to know how the Geyser-wise functions and whether I could connect atleast 1 geyser through Inverter.

Other High-powered loads I have are: Booster Pump, Borehole Pump, Lawn Mower, Iron, Microwave

Kindly advise if your Inverter has Over-ride Timers to manage loads during the day.

I.e My setting is SBU (Solar-Batt-Utility)

Thanks

Off-grid

• 7.56 kW PV array, 2x Synapse 5.0K+ 5KW 48v in parallel (aka Axpert KING) (FW 71.70)
  • 01-SBU, 02-40A, 11-10A, 12-48v, 13-51v, 16-SLb/UCb, 26-53.2v, 27-53.2v, 29-45.5v
  • EMS 48100a1 9.6kWh li-ion 100Ah 48v Huawei (was a nightmare), 14 kWh Pylontech US3000 (most times fully charged at 12:30)
  • 2x 200 liter electrical geysers (2kW element) in series with geyser-wise, powered by solar from 8:45 - 14:15, Gas hob, oven bypassed to grid directly.
  • monitoring still an issue (ICC with Pylontech cable), grid use down to +- 35kWh per week (from +-32kWh per day), some kinks to resolve, hope for 12kWh per week (6kWh for week ending 01-12-2019).

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have 5 x UP5000 pylontech batteries and 20 x400w panels connected through 2x 5kva phocos inverters.The battery SoC always get to 70% and never beyond. When the sun sets the battery SoC drops  sharply to about 33% or 34%. In the morning  the battery SoC will be indicating 30%.

1. What could be causing the battries to fail to charge beyond 70%.

2. Why does the battery  drop sharply from the 70% to 33%?

I will be grateful  if anyone can assist me on these two issues. 

NB: the system is 2 weeks old