AXPERT MKS 5KV SETTINGS FOR SHOTO SDA10-48100M14

Hi 

I just finish installing my load shedding backup UPS system and switch it on, on Friday 6 Mar 2020.

The system consists of the following: 

1 x Axpert MKS 5KV Inverter,  1 x Shoto SDA10-48100M14 LiFeOP4 battery.

My setup = the Inverter get's 220V from normal eskom plug in my house.

Inverter is connected and  3 x Leads run from the output of the Inverter to DB box with main breaker, earth breaker, 3 x breaker for each lead to my (i) PC, Fibre Modem, Fan,  (ii) TV, Dstv decoder, Fan, (iii) Bedroom TV, bedroom fan. T

QUESTION: Is my Inverter LCD settings correct for my Shoto SDA10-48100M14 LiFeOP4 battery

Current setting:

Program 1 - Ut1

Program 2 - 10A

Program 3 - APL

Program 4 - SdS

Program 5 - USE

Program 6 - Lrd

Program 7 - trd

Program 9 - 50Hz

Program 11 - 10A

Program 12 - 50%

Program 13 - 53

Program 16 - SNU

Program 18 - bON

Program 19 - hEP

Prorgam 20 - LON

Program 22 - AON

Program 23 - bYE

Program 25 - FEN

Program 26 - 54,2

Program 27 - 53

Program 28 - Nothing

Program 29 - 45

Program 30 - Nothing

Program 31 - 5be

Please help - want to get the most out of my battery and insure that it is charge correct.

PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN - I want to get the most out of my battery and must therefore be sure that it is charged correct.🙏

SHOTO-SDA10-48100M14.jpg

I'm going to guess that your battery is similar to a PylonTech US3000 [ edit: as per a later post, it's actually about 1.4 x a US3000, or 2x a US2000 ]. At bottom is my standard settings for PylonTechs. But you should check that your battery is 15S, like the PylonTechs; some are 16S (e.g. my home made LFP battery is 16S).

So for you setting 02 would be 30, for example. I note that setting 26 is far too high (3.61 VPC). That's the extreme limit for LFP cells, and Axperts have a habit of overshooting their target voltage.

PylonTech settings.png

Edited by Coulomb

On 2020/03/12 at 1:41 PM, Coulomb said:

I'm going to guess that your battery is similar to a PylonTech US3000. At bottom is my standard settings for PylonTechs. But you should check that your battery is 15S, like the PylonTechs; some are 16S (e.g. my home made LFP battery is 16S).

So for you setting 02 would be 30, for example. I note that setting 26 is far too high (3.61 VPC). That's the extreme limit for LFP cells, and Axperts have a habit of overshooting their target voltage.

PylonTech settings.png

@Coulomb, if the Axpert (=Kodak) King does have Pylontech support (ie Q5 has option PYL) then would it be able to communicate with the Shoto battery mentioned in this post ? The Shoto does have a RS485 port. Information on this battery is virtually non-existent... 

14 hours ago, GreenMan said:

if the Axpert (=Kodak) King does have Pylontech support (ie Q5 has option PYL) then would it be able to communicate with the Shoto battery mentioned in this post ?

Unlikely, but possible. The PylonTechs are a sort of de-facto standard now, so it's possible that other manufacturers, especially the lesser known ones, might emulate the PylonTech protocol. But it's a long shot.