3 minutes ago, plonkster said:

Selection_514.png.e98a8983540134800e73948f19dd3c14.png

And this sort of throwing two different size cables into the same hole, this is frowned upon even in AC-land. I've had pedantic electricians put in busbars for less...

And I would think that is exactly why we had the loose connection in the beginning and this is where the intial burnt cable took place on the live side of the DC

12 minutes ago, Jaco de Jongh said:

Oh my, so AC and DC in the same box, I though its for the PV, just remembered the pv is top left. 

Now take a look at this (Jaco shared some pics offline, in case you wonder how I got this)...

Selection_513.png.35ed08df96861b01f9df158f193e0f3d.png

Those wires in the red circle are AC wiring then. That cable indicated by the arrow is a DC cable... a very hot one, one that can melt insulation. They run side by side into the trunking above.

As my father would say: Mooi man!

19 minutes ago, JasonPrince said:

exactly why we had the loose connection

Yes, two reasons for that. The one is that when putting different-sized wires side by side into the same hole, it is easy to not sufficiently clamp one of them because of the difference in size. Additionally, hot metal expands and contracts, so such wires tend to "wiggle" themselves loose unless you properly torque the cr*p out of them right from the start.

The definitely running mix AC and DC there. 

Correct way and the pro's can add more and you can use this info for the person that needs correct it. Dc must be in it's own tranking and AC the same. Check that there is PV fuse combiner box with isolater switch, from the PV combiner box proper cable toe mppt, from mppt 35mm2 that is crimp and lugs to Bus bar. From bus bar you run the batteries that is connected and the inverter with 35mm2 " i will go 50mm2 for that". Between inverter and bus bar fuse breakers. 

Do what plokster inform, pull back om mppt amps so that can reduce the amps on that small cables for the time. 

If you can sort it out your self and knoe how to, then start with it. Sad to see that installer slipt up with proper stuff. 

20200405_132628.jpg