Thank you for the great forum, Safe Driving over the weekend. Sincerely Jason
Simon Murrell

InfiniSolar 10kva and Pylontech batteries

Hello 

Trust this message finds everyone well. I have a question. I have an InfiniSolar 10kva inverter + 8 x PylonTech batteries to make up 28kw. I have 24 x 410w Canadian solar panels on the roof charging these batteries each day. The entire house bar the 2 x 200l geysers are plugged connected to the inverter. These geysers have a Kwikot conversion kit on (which is so so...) and they are connected to two timers which run for an hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon. They maybe draw power for about 15 minutes each time during this charging interval.  I also have an ICC unit connected to the inverter to give me information back from the inverter and batteries. I have physically turned off the circuit breaker on the inverter so no grid power comes into the inverter at all unless we have a day of no sun then I manually turn it back on. This is not the best solution. I want to be able to somehow should the batteries drop below 20% then turn on the grid and if they go above say 50% then turn the grid supply off. Is this possible. Sorry for the question. I have done this system on my own. I have also written a C# application in Linux to communicate with the inverter for my own stats. Haven't gotten the communication working with the Pylontech batteries. That is like fighting with a Russian bear!

Regards,
Simon

the Infini has the option but its very unstable as I have seen. Seems ICC is the solution and more accurate that the watchpower system.

23 hours ago, Simon Murrell said:

I also have an ICC unit connected to the inverter to give me information back from the inverter and batteries.
I want to be able to somehow should the batteries drop below 20% then turn on the grid and if they go above say 50% then turn the grid supply off.
I have also written a C# application in Linux to communicate with the inverter for my own stats.
Haven't gotten the communication working with the Pylontech batteries. That is like fighting with a Russian bear!

Hi Simon,

Solution 1)

The easiest way is to connect Pylontech batteries to the ICC. There's a special cable available for this. Just ask the seller of your ICC kit and he will be able to make that cable for you. (Actually, it's a serial to USB converter, not just a cable). This way, ICC will read the exact SOC information from the batteries and can act based on that info. For example, with GPIO KIT, the ICC is able to ON/OFF relays and contactors.

Solution 2)
Since I see that you've made a C# code to communicate with the InfiniSolar inverter on your own, without using ICC, you might also be able to code a Pylontech part too. There's number of options how one can speak to the Pylontech batteries. Just check these posts in my LAB here that will help you with the start:

https://powerforum.co.za/topic/2322-youdas-off-grid-lab/page/5/?tab=comments#comment-69912

https://powerforum.co.za/topic/2322-youdas-off-grid-lab/page/6/?tab=comments#comment-75314