John Bijker

Settings Infinisolar 3-Phase 10 KW

Hi guys, i’m very happy with this forum, because i can’t find important info elsewhere. 
Let’s start saying what installation i have:

I have an Infinisolar 3-phase 10KW inverter

18 panels Atersa 335Wt

6 Pylon Lithium bateries 2.4KW

Settings:

PV Energy supply priority setting: Off-Grid (I)

Max. charge current 100Amp

Max. charge current AC 50Amp

Bulk charge 53,2V

Float charge 53,2V

I would like to use as much battery power as possible, let’s say, discharge everyday to 25-30%.

I would like that any PV amount above my load will be used to charge my batteries. If PV drops below my load (clouds or towards the end of the day), the system will draw the shortfall from my 6 Pylon batteries.

Once my PV is down to 0, it will draw my full load from the Pylon, (with gridhelp; in case cooker, kettle and coffeemachine are needed at the same time)

Once my Pylon voltage drops to my 'Back to Grid voltage (discharged to 25% i don’t know what voltage that is, yet), it will switch over to Utility.

It will run on Utility until my Pylon’s have been recharged back to the 'Back to Discharge Voltage' setpoint (what voltage setting?). Then it will run on PV/Battery again until my Pylon’s voltage drops to my 'Back to Grid voltage setpoint again - and so on...

Questions:

What settings should i make for:

-Battery cut-off discharching voltage when grid is available?

-Battery re-discharging voltage when grid is available?

-Battery cut-off discharching voltage when grid is unavailable?

-Battery re-discharging voltage when grid is unavailable?

-Max. battery discharge current in hybrid mode?

Any help would be more than welcome again.

Thnx in advance John Bijker

1 hour ago, [email protected] said:

Please give me more details on your battery bank.

He already gave you the answer.

4 hours ago, John Bijker said:

6 Pylon Lithium bateries 2.4KW

Pylontechs are 15s LiFePO4 batteries

4 hours ago, John Bijker said:

Questions:

What possibilities do you have when you put your inverter in PYL mode? Guess it will automatically fill in the right values.

I’m still waiting for my BMS Card (to communicate with the batteries) for the intelligent slot of the Infisolar 10KW

so i need to know the values untill the BMS Card will manage..

Edited by John Bijker

On 2020/07/31 at 5:42 PM, John Bijker said:

Questions:

Hi John!  We have very similar systems and use them in the same way, so I will gladly share my settings with you.

I run my inverter in "Grid-tie with backup II" mode and use "PV - Battery - Grid" to supply load when PV is available.  I use 100A as max discharge in hybrid mode because that equates to 5kW (my inverter's upper limit) and I don't (usually) exceed that.  I don't export to grid and I don't use the AC charger either (I have enough solar capacity to cater for all but the worst weather, plus enough battery storage to survive an off-grid night without fully charged batteries as happened on July 28).

My bulk & float charging is set to the same voltage because the BMS system inside the Pylontechs manage their own bulk and float cycles any way.  I use Pylontech's lower voltage limit (52.5V) for charging.  I've brought my maximum charge current down somewhat (to 70A) because it allows the inverter to run a lot cooler, whilst still recharging my batteries by noon.

I run the following battery cut-off points.  I found that 48.4V equates to about 25-30% SoC given my base load.  I've selected a 0.5V lower limit for when the gird is unavailable in which case I asume (never had tit happen yet!) that the BMS in the batteries will decide when to stop the party:

image.png.6e94019f7839d621a8ab69f8c3bd9a92.png

My base load at night drops to about 500W and in mid-winter (longer night) it runs the batteries down to about 40% SoC.  Here's a graph showing battery voltage vs. SoC over the past few days to give you an idea.  July 28 shows you how much the voltage can vary whilst charging/discharging during an overcast day (while SoC remains constant), and also how my 48.9V cut-off seems to be very tough to breach:

image.thumb.png.17d7f8df7f88117e1be2f9ca16720d9f.png

Hope this helps!

Edited by ChristoSnake
Removed lots of blank lines at end of post

10 hours ago, ChristoSnake said:

Hi John!  We have very similar systems and use them in the same way, so I will gladly share my settings with you.

I run my inverter in "Grid-tie with backup II" mode and use "PV - Battery - Grid" to supply load when PV is available.  I use 100A as max discharge in hybrid mode because that equates to 5kW (my inverter's upper limit) and I don't (usually) exceed that.  I don't export to grid and I don't use the AC charger either (I have enough solar capacity to cater for all but the worst weather, plus enough battery storage to survive an off-grid night without fully charged batteries as happened on July 28).

My bulk & float charging is set to the same voltage because the BMS system inside the Pylontechs manage their own bulk and float cycles any way.  I use Pylontech's lower voltage limit (52.5V) for charging.  I've brought my maximum charge current down somewhat (to 70A) because it allows the inverter to run a lot cooler, whilst still recharging my batteries by noon.

I run the following battery cut-off points.  I found that 48.4V equates to about 25-30% SoC given my base load.  I've selected a 0.5V lower limit for when the gird is unavailable in which case I asume (never had tit happen yet!) that the BMS in the batteries will decide when to stop the party:

image.png.6e94019f7839d621a8ab69f8c3bd9a92.png

My base load at night drops to about 500W and in mid-winter (longer night) it runs the batteries down to about 40% SoC.  Here's a graph showing battery voltage vs. SoC over the past few days to give you an idea.  July 28 shows you how much the voltage can vary whilst charging/discharging during an overcast day (while SoC remains constant), and also how my 48.9V cut-off seems to be very tough to breach:

image.thumb.png.17d7f8df7f88117e1be2f9ca16720d9f.png

Hope this helps!

Thank you very much for your answers!

so, for a 10KW inverter i could discharge max 200A? Or, because i have 6 Pylons only 150A?

Thank you very much for your answers!

so, for a 10KW inverter i could discharge max 200A? Or, because i have 6 Pylons only 150A?

What’s the difference between Grid-tie with backup (II)

and Off-grid( I)  besides feed into the grid (wich you don’t use)

Battery specs for the US2000:

image.png.24dec4bb2b7d8ed18d0fc54362c60208.png

So you can safely discharge six of them at 150A and not exceed their recommended limit.  Or go higher if your inverter, battery cabling and fuses allow.

"Off-grid 1" uses a relay to physically disconnect the grid completely and will only use a mix of pv & battery (no grid!) to supply the load.  When it's overcast & your batteries are flat you will lose electricity completely.

"Grid-tie with backup II" mode syncs the inverter to the grid and allows you to blend pv, batteries and grid to supply the load.  Using "PV - Battery - Grid" priority means that available solar will prioritise the load and additional current will be used to recharge the batteries.  When you disable feed to the grid & AC charger in this mode, you are effectively running off-grid but retaining the grid as a safety net.  Sort of like having your cake and eating it 😀

Edited by ChristoSnake
Added off-grid vs grid-tie info

12 hours ago, ChristoSnake said:

Battery specs for the US2000:

image.png.24dec4bb2b7d8ed18d0fc54362c60208.png

So you can safely discharge six of them at 150A and not exceed their recommended limit.  Or go higher if your inverter, battery cabling and fuses allow.

"Off-grid 1" uses a relay to physically disconnect the grid completely and will only use a mix of pv & battery (no grid!) to supply the load.  When it's overcast & your batteries are flat you will lose electricity completely.

"Grid-tie with backup II" mode syncs the inverter to the grid and allows you to blend pv, batteries and grid to supply the load.  Using "PV - Battery - Grid" priority means that available solar will prioritise the load and additional current will be used to recharge the batteries.  When you disable feed to the grid & AC charger in this mode, you are effectively running off-grid but retaining the grid as a safety net.  Sort of like having your cake and eating it 😀

Thnx. for the quick answers, i’m happy with them.