Pylontech Link port

Cuzz

Question

Hi Powerforumn community, I have recently bought 2 pylontech us3000 batteries, I see that when they were installed, the installer connected the comms cable to link port 0 on both of the batteries. When i read the manual and on the forumn, it appears the people connect link port1 to link port 0.

Does it make a difference?

IMG_20201008_015324.thumb.jpg.072e2288149ea87a50352524c6dbdeb0.jpg

Thank you

10 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Cuzz said:

When i read the manual and on the forumn, it appears the people connect link port1 to link port 0.

Pic of PhilFM is the correct way it should be connected. Pylontech say it should be connected that way. If you add another battery later,the new battery becomes the master and goes on top.

Morning, so I switched the cables as per recommendation, that is port link 1 to port link 0 with batteries switched off. After about 5 minutes of running, the master battery appears fine, on the slave battery the run light and Soc lights are all on for about 3 seconds and then all off for about 3 seconds. Is this normal. The red alarm light is not on at any stage, on either of the batteries. Also whilst like this with the cables switched, the Soc on my inverter(sunsynk 8.8kw) shows 94% whereas before I switched the cables it stayed on 88%. So my question is: in current state where run light and Soc lights flash on and off, is this OK or normal? IMG_20201010_063547.thumb.jpg.5f7f33cfd5cb5deff8d04a4ca6606590.jpg

2 hours ago, Bloubul7 said:

With regards to the unti staying on 88%, this is normal for the Pylontechs or atleast mine does the same.

It would stay on 88%/ 89% for quite a while and then all of a sudden jump up to 97%.

Thanks Bloubul7, I see that since I changed the cables for the link port the charge % is starting to go up again. Now at 97%.