Software Alternative to ICC

Question

Hi guys, are there any software alternatives to ICC for Raspberry Pi?

The only control I need is to switch from Grid to Solar in the mornings and then back to grid in the afternoon, thus protecting my battery.

ICC has this built-in as a function but it does not switch back at the set time in the afternoon

My setup is as follows:

5 kVA Mecer (~Axpert - same thing)

12 x 320 W Solar panels (6 + 6 in parallel)

2.5 kWh Pylontech Lithium Ion Battery

Maybe someone can help with simple code to run from the PI eg. at 08h00 to Solar and then at 16h00 to grid.

Thats it - hope there is an answer out there 

Edited by VicVic

10 answers to this question

You could try SolPi as an alternative.

With regards to it not setting back to grid in the afternoon, have you checked your inverter settings? It might be that the back to grid voltage is set too high causing the inverter to overwrite the request from ICC

Thanks, will check the inverter setting.

The joke is I removed my SD card from the PI to make a backup - it cracked when I removed it so all is lost.

I am struggling to get the ICC software from the supplier as well as the ID etc. So I thought I might as well try something else. 

Cant speak for alternatives but can confirm ICC does definitely do what you are looking for. See below.

I used to use it with Lead Acid batteries all the time and works well. The only provisor is that your batteries are not below return to grid voltage when trying to go off grid in the morning

517090738_Screenshot2020-10-14at20_15_51.thumb.png.cbc3e05f02d87a41420f19c27799a329.png

Hi.  Also have problem with invertor readings stopping to update.  Pull out usb cable and put back then comms continue.  2 different invertors.  3 x 5kw Mecer invertors with 8 x Pylontech batteries.  Also cannot get comms to Pylontech on 485 port.