Axpert Max is feeding into the grid !

wtjaden

On 2021/12/16 at 4:05 AM, Dirkie said:

latest firmware for the axpert 7.2 kw max is 90.28

No, the 90.xx series seem to be temporary versions. The 45.xx are the official firmware versions for the 7.2kW MAXs. 

[ Edit: But if true, that doesn't mean that the 90.xx versions are inferior. It just means that a fix hasn't been blessed with an official version number as yet. ]

Edited by Coulomb

7 hours ago, Coulomb said:

No, the 90.xx series seem to be temporary versions. The 45.xx are the official firmware versions for the 7.2kW MAXs. 

Ok but it looks to me that the 90.28 is working much better than the 45.xx versions because on the 45.xx version it will not charge the battery from the grid at night time when setting #1 = Sbu #12 = 49 #13 = 53 #16 = CSO. It does show that it is charging but the battery voltage stay on 49v but on the 90.28 version it charge the battery back to 53v when solar is not available.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the same problem with my inverter, i think it's a hardware problem since after opening it i found 4 Thyristors (CLA80E1200HF, 1200V, 80A), each 2 are connected back to back in parallel with the two relays on the live path output, two of these SCRs were shorted.

When shorted, the live grid input will be always connected to the live inverter output via these shorted Thyristors even when no grid power is available, so it's draining the batteries and probably will deliver an electric shock to any maintenance electrician trying to fix grid lines.

Then again they where shorted after replacing them, they lasted for approx. one day.

Maybe i am wrong, but i think these Thyristors are used to minimise the RELAY contact welding problem in case of high loads switching OR for current sharing with the relays.

I have fix it by placing an electrical contactor on the inverter AC input to prevent it from feeding into the grid and connect it to the grid when power is available.

• 1 year later...

Zombie thread revival sorry

I have a synerji that has a grid feed option

And settings for what to do with solar power ie 

LBU

BLU

And settings for where to charge from 

Solar only, solar and utility

Or solar then utility if no solar

But it also has a seperate setting for enable or disable grid feed

Can it not just be a case that certain firmwares have this setting off default and hence , solve the problem for some people

Thought to mention as i did not see anybody mentioning in the thread that there is a possibility for another parameter

For dealing with solar , other than sbu/bsu and Lbu/bLu ones

Edited by Leondavibe

17 hours ago, Leondavibe said:

But it also has a separate setting for enable or disable grid feed

Can it not just be a case that certain firmwares have this setting off default and hence , solve the problem for some people

I think that your Synerji must be closer to (perhaps an actual, genuine) Voltronic Infinisolar. The MAX is a Voltronic Axpert. The two have quite different firmwares, even though I suspect that some models share a lot of hardware, possibly even 100% compatible.

It's even possible that some InfiniSolar and Apert firmware source code shares some code, but #defines or the like cause different binaries to be emitted. If the "export enable code" has been disabled by such a source code #define, then there is no way to "turn it on" in the binary firmware.

Or perhaps I'm misunderstanding your point.

7 hours ago, Coulomb said:

I think that your Synerji must be closer to (perhaps an actual, genuine) Voltronic Infinisolar. The MAX is a Voltronic Axpert. The two have quite different firmwares, even though I suspect that some models share a lot of hardware, possibly even 100% compatible.

It's even possible that some InfiniSolar and Apert firmware source code shares some code, but #defines or the like cause different binaries to be emitted. If the "export enable code" has been disabled by such a source code #define, then there is no way to "turn it on" in the binary firmware.

Or perhaps I'm misunderstanding your point.

yea checking an infini manual and yes the order seems to be a closer match

thanks for the info

ie it seems they chose yet another setup ie take the v-5k-48 inverter and removed one of the mppt's to only have a 4000w like the v-4k-48 or blended the v-4k-48 mppt with inverter of the v-5k-48

More meant that if people arent aware that there is a seperate setting  for the grid feed enable disable

and that different firmware versions just have it enabled or disabled, and it can still be changed in both

ie i only see people mention the BLU/LBU and CSO/SnU/0S0

While mine has a different menu item for the enable disble 

Mine is on option 9

But i know my order is different from other axperts ie they have a setting on option5 while mine has the same setting but on option 9 

Have gotten used to the abbreviated lingo by now

My option that enable/disable

Looks like this 

ie they can browse their menu to see if they have one with the same options

edit:ok misunderstanding so what you mean in this setting isn't present at all in their menu

IMG_20230320_172957.jpg

Edited by Leondavibe