Pylontech SoC ideas

Hi forum.

My first post, have a user mostly for downloading firmware for my MPP 5048 MK for which i have connected two Pylontech US3000 batteries. Which report SoC to my inverter.

ive made a logic with mppt via solpiplog, and was wondering which SoC i can go to at the lowest on the pylontech batteries. Right now my logic is as in attached picture.

Short;: change to grid charge at 10%, Change back to Solar charge at 15%, Change to ECO (Bypass mode) at 20% and lastly go to battery mode at 25%

i will only use the Grid as backup. But can i go as low as 1% Soc before i do this? i mean is, the SoC reported from the batteries safe to use between 1-100% SoC or should i stay between lets say 10-100% ? I hope you guys understand my question, i will use settings to keep the condition of my batteries as best as possible. If you have any other suggestion feel free to add to my post. Thanks

Screenshot 2020-11-21 at 21.02.23.png

Edited by affer
spelling
6 hours ago, affer said:

the SoC reported from the batteries safe to use between 1-100% SoC or should i stay between lets say 10-100%

You should stay between about 20% and preferably a little below 100% SOC long term (charge to 100%, let the voltage and SOC slip back a bit in float mode to perhaps 51.8 V. OK to go under 20% very rarely, e.g. extended outage. But since you'll go to bypass mode at 20%, your present setup is probably OK. I'd probably set the values 5% higher, and back to battery at perhaps 35-40%.

Thanks Coulumb. i think i need to figure out how to stop charging at 95% SoC then, i cant find a setting in the menu where i can choose this. Any1 with an idea to this? maybe i can set it up in the bms for the pylontech?

47 minutes ago, affer said:

maybe i can set it up in the bms for the pylontech?

There are commands for the console port, but they are not well documented.

The inverter will work with battery voltages only; that's presumably why you developed your SOC reading software. The best you can do with charging is choose a suitable absorb/bulk and float voltage setting that settles on about the SOC you want.

ahh yes. right now my inverter is set to PYL 05 setting, so i am pretty sure i am not allowed to change charge current and voltages. then i have to set it to USER settings to do that, but then i will loose my SoC rading, which is presented by the Pylon batteries through my inverter atm. luckily we have not much sun in Denmark right now. so i will not get a 100% charge before march anyway.
when the SoC reads 100% i can see the inverter stops charging. and only holds the voltage steady. by reading through my watt meter on the Victron BMV only a little wattage goes to the batteries.

for long time i wanted an ac unit.. now that is more interesting, i could set it to start at 90% SoC and then draw the power from the panels to the AC unit instead of charging the batteries.. it could run from 90% SoC to lets say 60% SoC, then i would still have enough battery to get through the night on my other appliances hooked up to the battery.
Now i just need to find an AC unit i can control by MQTT 😄