Sunsynk Smart Load behavior-need help

Tariq

last night, when grid fell away due to load shedding, Smart Load switched on, even though the solar threshold was set at 2200 watts, although soc was within the parameters set for switching on, this does not happen when grid is present, as both conditions have to be met, anyone else experiencing this behavior.

21 minutes ago, Tariq said:

last night, when grid fell away due to load shedding, Smart Load switched on, even though the solar threshold was set at 2200 watts, although soc was within the parameters set for switching on, this does not happen when grid is present, as both conditions have to be met, anyone else experiencing this behavior.

I don't think it works that way. It only looks at the battery parameters. 

18 minutes ago, Tariq said:

The geyser drained the battery down to 40 percent soc, before I noticed it, obviously a programming error, have written to Sunsynk help desk, hopefully they can help out

What's your aux switch off battery settings? 

My AUX battery settings AT present are 

ON  40 %

OFF 35 %

Solar threshold 2200 watts,

Reason for setting was so that AUX ( geyser ) switches on as soon as solar production ramps up to 2200 watts, the battery can keep charging the rest of the day ( also trying to delay the battery sitting at 100 % most of the day )

Really would be eternally grateful if somebody can explain the Sunsynk System Mode settings... Trying to set it so that 

- Solar runs load 1st

- Then charges batteries

- when solar is low, it's topped up by grid and not batteries. 

- batteries run during the night... 

Screenshot_20210312_165838_com.igen.xiaomaizhidian.jpg

24 minutes ago, Leigh said:

Really would be eternally grateful if somebody can explain the Sunsynk System Mode settings... Trying to set it so that 

- Solar runs load 1st

- Then charges batteries

I've helped a few. It can be tricky if you don't understand how the system mode screen works. 

The grid charge ticks are for when the system needs to start charging from grid and at what SOC it needs to stop. So if solar is low and batteries are only 50% at 12:00, you could enter the time as 12:00, enter the doc you want the batteries to be and tick grid charge. It will stop charging from grid if this SOC is reached or the next time settings is active. 

• 1 month later...
On 2021/03/12 at 6:10 PM, Leigh said:

- Solar runs load 1st

- Then charges batteries

Awesome question! We are in Pretoria East, and installing on Wednesday with Sky High Africa. This is EXACTLY the same power usage scenario we are looking for. Exactly the same requirements. Ours will be SunSynk 8k Hybrid, with 16 x Canadian 415w panels, and storage is 1 x Dyness F10 Powerbox 9.6kwh battery. Will probably re-ask the same question as I am a newbie......so config setting on the inverter please. Cheers in advance  - Roy  

6 minutes ago, RoyBoyJSA said:

Awesome question! We are in Pretoria East, and installing on Wednesday with Sky High Africa. This is EXACTLY the same power usage scenario we are looking for. Exactly the same requirements. Ours will be SunSynk 8k Hybrid, with 16 x Canadian 415w panels, and storage is 1 x Dyness F10 Powerbox 9.6kwh battery. Will probably re-ask the same question as I am a newbie......so config setting on the inverter please. Cheers in advance  - Roy  

First thing you should do is request a software update. 

On the system mode screen you can select priory load or batteries.