Node Red changing charging source priority on MKS4048

Warlok

Good day to all.

This is the command in node red to change from solar only, solar battery utility and grid;

• solpiplog/pip/status/set with payload uti, sol, sbu for example: solpiplog/pip/status/set uti to change to grid.

This works fine in node red to change to solar to say at 07:30 and back to grid at 16:00. Problem is to change the charging priority from solar

to grid or solar and grid in that time when solar is not enough just before the sun disappears completely.

......and this the commands to change charging source;

• solpiplog/pip/status/set with payload 0, 1, 2, 3 for charger settings.

This does not work or I am doing something wrong.

782330802_flowprog.JPG.0c1c76baafd2fde864280fca9b0953b2.JPGflow.JPG.8dbe88a7b0304b5fe82858b65bd44d79.JPG

I have a simple interface at the moment so I can see at a glance what is going on.

interface.JPG.ea731cb08ddcfa2a07820da19d44188c.JPG

As you can see, everything works fine, it's just that one command I'm having trouble with.

If anybody can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for a great forum.

The code to set charger priority looks correct to me. There is an open issue on the github page addressing this very problem so the issue is with solpiplog itself.

My personal approach in light of this would be to set the charger settings to what suits me best and then by changing output priority keep the battery SOC in the desired range. e.g. set no ac charge, and have inverter in sbu when battery voltage is above 53V and change to uti when below.

2 hours ago, Shadders said:

The code to set charger priority looks correct to me. There is an open issue on the github page addressing this very problem so the issue is with solpiplog itself.

My personal approach in light of this would be to set the charger settings to what suits me best and then by changing output priority keep the battery SOC in the desired range. e.g. set no ac charge, and have inverter in sbu when battery voltage is above 53V and change to uti when below.

Thanks allot.

Solved the issue by doing this in solpiplog

solpip.thumb.JPG.151b57a4d2b1114ebccf33fe51c96cef.JPG

So, I'm using solpiplog to only change the charge switch settings and node red to change the source priority. Works well.

The reason for this is that my agm batteries are shot. (only 30 minutes @ 500w and they are dead) I'm in the process of buying lithium batteries from lithiumbatteries.co.za.

I tried the bigtimer node which will give me sunrise and sunset control according to my lat/lon, but so far could not get it to switch. I'll try until I get it right.

Thanks for the help

• 2 months later...

Using Solpiplog 3.0.0 Trick or Treat:

Try the following...

solpiplog/pip/status/set - Payload:sbu/uti/sol/eco/onl/aut (For King, but on mks sbu/uti/sol work)

solpiplog/pip/charge/set - Payload:0=SBL/UCB , 1=SBL/UDC, 2=SLB/UCB, 3=SLB/UDC (this is for King, but 0/1/2/3 worked on my old mks too)

solpiplog/pip/maxcharge/set - Payload:2/10/20/30/40/50 - For Utility max charge A

On 2021/03/29 at 5:46 PM, Warlok said:

I tried the bigtimer node

I used that and then switched to cron-plus to allow for dynamic offsets of sunrise/set etc to be set programmatically and via dashboard input....

E

Thanks edDee.

I will play around with it. I have noticed that node red locks up sometimes when changing sources. My gauges just sit there doing nothing, and then the commands do not send at the right times. Looks like I will have to re-install.

BTW, I have at last added the 2 panels for a total of 6*400w at a 30degree angle. ( hope this is good year round) Managed to get 2200w at noon today and it was a bit hazy. (had to start my wife's hairdryer and toaster)

1620159236_20210620_110411261.thumb.jpg.70f8b8c150f256c6ed78f043cf5d3824.jpgb

• 4 weeks later...
On 2021/06/20 at 12:40 PM, Warlok said:

I have noticed that node red locks up sometimes when changing sources.

That's unusual..... Node Red/Mqtt/Raspi are pretty much rock solid.... One thing that nothing likes is a crappy power supply.... Changing modes... Spiking the line maybe... PSU has a bit of a dirty output... Things will go awry...

On the other hand... If you have a switch with passthru on the dashboard, watch out its not looping back into itself somehow... Log into a terminal and run htop or top... Check the cpu usage and see if it is perhaps looping and blah blah....

E

Thanks. I Used an old samsung usb charger and the little power icon was always lit at the top right corner.

Connected a 2 amp power supply and everything working 100%