max charge current setting for GROWATT SPF-5000-ES Inverter

MattR

I wonder if anyone can help me.  I have a GROWATT SPF-5000-ES Inverter with 6 x 330w panels and 4 x 200A gel  batteries (48v) . Wat will the recommended "max charging current" and "Max utility charging current" settings be for the installation. 

Thanks 

Matt 

8 hours ago, MattR said:

What will the recommended "max charging current" and "Max utility charging current" settings be for the installation.

It depends on your exact battery model. Generally, lead acid is charged at 0.15C, so for your 200Ah battery, that would be 200 x 0.15 = 30A. But your battery might be specified to be charged at more or less than this.

Thanks for the response. Should the two values be different values on the Growatt or should they both be set to the same value, in this case 30A as mention. Will it have an impact on the charging rate of your solar if the "Charge source priority" is set to Solar and Utility. I see the "Maximum charging current"  states that it should be set for "Max. charging current = utility charging current + solar charging current" and the "Maximum utility charging current" states that if the Maximum charging current is smaller as the  Maximum Utility charging current, it will use the Maximum charging current setting. 

Edited by MattR

3 hours ago, MattR said:

Should the two values be different values on the Growatt or should they both be set to the same value,

Sorry, I forgot to address that part of your question. The 30 A should be the maximum total charge current.

The maximum utility charge current is up to you; how kind do you want to be to Eskom? Or how impatient are you to get the battery charged?

Since 30 A isn't all that high, you might as well set the maximum utility charge current to 30 A as well.

Even with 30 A on both settings, you'll never get more than 30 A total. Assuming that it works as per Axperts, as I expect it to.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...