New Mecer sol-i-ax-5kp on load continuously

jashwin

Hi

I have had the above 5kw hybrid inverter installed yesterday and it replaced a 2kw Powerstar IR standard inverter( both have 4x 100ah batteries).my question is with the old inverter the load was 0% when eskom power was on even when I used eg a heater on the plugs that ran via the inverter,  now with the new inverter I see it has load on the inverter continuously  on even when the eskom power is on. the  unit is set to utility first option.   I am now worried that I will blow up the inverter if there more than 5kw  are loaded onto it even though eskom power is feeding it. I have tried to put unit into bypass mode by turning unit off  but notice the load is still present on the screen. pls can someone  guide if am doing something wrong or worrying for nothing. below is pic of unit in normal mode. the installer  tells me I need to install a auto power bypass switch to fix the issue of loading the inverter continuously,  thanks

RgdsIMG-20210617-WA0004.thumb.jpeg.0ef9abb7280fc8f2d0be38d3b72d1609.jpeg

Jashwin 

Hi, it's a king  from what I have read. option 1 is set UTI. I dont understand why the load is through the inverter although eskom is on, I have checked the watts and Kw load and it goes to 3.7kw and more depending on what appliance is plugged in.

Thanks 87, I dont have solar panels yet .  I get what you saying about just passing the power thru but I worry as I load the plugs I can hear the fan start to run hard like the inverter is working an needs cooling, that make me think is not just passing the power thru, also I see it seems  cleans the AC feed from Eskom before it send it out. I just hoping I dont have a expensive bill it I go over 5kw as warranty wont cover it.

regards

Jashwin

That being said, even if you were to overload it, it would bypass to grid or shut down depending on your settings. But it does use energy the whole time in Line mode doing the conversion. I'm not sure if it will use the battery to power loads when in Bypass if the grid fails.

19 hours ago, jashwin said:

I am now worried that I will blow up the inverter if there more than 5kw  are loaded onto it even though eskom power is feeding it.

No, it will go to bypass on overload (unless disabled), but yes, the power still goes through the internal circuitry of the inverter-charger. The circuit is rated for 40 A (your wiring may not be), so there should be no problem unless the load exceeds about 9.2 kVA.

Edited by Coulomb