Axpert Watch Power software trouble

Fritz

Good day, 

I am having trouble with the watchPower software supplied with the axepert 5kva inverter. 

I use the USB connection but the data comes and goes. I also cant make any changes to the settings. 

The software ask me to login in with password, which was not supplied.

any help?

Makes sure you plug in the usb alone in to the usb port of your pc/labtop. If it still doing the same. Try and use a different usb cable

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, 

Thanks got the password now. 

I still have a problem. The data comes and goes...

I have tried different USB cables and a different laptop , all the same.. 

I tried a serial to usb converter aswell. 

Can my inverter's comms be faulty?

From what I can ascertain inverters working with the USB Type B cable may have communication issues. The serial connection over the RJ45 is more stable. From what I have been told the USB protocol was designed around descreet periods of communication and not the virtually continuous data stream from the inverter. I find with USB connection and WatchPower the inverter tends to trip over its own shoelaces. 

thanks @Chris Hobson 

I have used the RJ45 plug to serial hub connected via USB to the PC. The led gets these burst of flashing.

red when it stand alone and green if i connect the USB B cable aswell with the serial cable....  dont know why one want to do that but was giving everything a try. 

if i use the RJ45 cable do i have to look for the correct hardware port at the device manger windows? the watchPower only give me a comm3 as option.  

18 minutes ago, Fritz said:

thanks @Chris Hobson . 

if i use the RJ45 cable do i have to look for the correct hardware port at the device manger windows? the watchPower only give me a comm3 as option.  

I think so. If it does not work try deleting the port and let it reopen a port.

Addition: I deleted WatchPower about a year ago so I am a bit rusty.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...