Axpert using batteries when Solar and Utility is available

Andre Kruger

Hi Everyone

can anyone help me with this, why is my inverter (Axpert King 5KW) using the batteries to power loads when there is sufficient solar and utility (Eskom) power available? i have looked at the settings and as far as possible i set it to not use the batteries unless solar and eskom is zero.

Am i missing something here??

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

4 hours ago, P1000 said:

it is indeed using solar and charging the batteries (battery watts is negative)...

? But battery charging current is zero, and battery discharge current is 8 A.

Yes, battery power is negative, but what that means depends on the convention used.

There is no way that 2037 W of PV is supplying the load of 2246 W plus hundreds of watts of battery charging.

Absolute battery power plus PV power is 432 + 2037 = 2469 W, enough for 2246 W of output plus 223 W of losses. That's about 50 W of idle power draw plus 173 W of inverter loss, or or about  173/2246 = 7.7% loss, or 92.3% efficiency. That's about right; the firmware itself uses an inverter efficiency estimate of 93%.

So OP is correct; in this configuration, it is using battery power when presumably it could be using more PV power.

4 hours ago, Andre Kruger said:

there is sufficient solar and utility (Eskom) power available

Was there definitely more than 2037 W of PV available at the time? For example, was it sunny, are the panels in ideal orientation and tilt and of sufficient number? I see that the PV voltage is around 75 V, so it's definitely not too high or too low.