Inverter U5648 no display (STM32F107VCT6)

mihaigsm2003

18 hours ago, Jaxone said:

Thanks.

Next question would be : Paralleling this units is dependent only on firmware or there are also hardware differences ? (beside the paralleling board)

for parallel it is different hardware, maybe different firmware, MCU not metter.

On 2022/06/08 at 3:48 PM, Jaxone said:

Mihai, the FW is for the units that can be paralleled or no parallel function ?

What you used to flash the MCU ? Just on the fly trough USB ?

firmware can be write only serial com (maybe can use adapter from usb to com)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2022/06/07 at 5:55 PM, mihaigsm2003 said:

Thanks sir for firmware, i will share here:

i write only mcu file (U2)

AxpertMKS IV5.6K 74.02.rar 1.43 MB · 12 downloads Remote Panel_Reflash_MCU(36.01).rar 869.89 kB · 12 downloads

UYFK5885.JPG

This display firmware file bricked my Mecer MKS IV 5600 - so caution on using it on those units - I was having jumbled characters every now and then and thought that this update might fix the issue.  Anyway Mustek seems to have fixed it - not sure what they did yet as I am only getting the unit back on Monday but they confirmed that it is repaired.  Will keep all posted.

8 hours ago, tatoviola said:

how can i check the display firmware version currently installed?

Look for the U2 firmware version number. Either use monitoring software, or use the up or down buttons on the front of the inverter until you see U2 at the start of the bottom row of characters/digits. The example in the manual is "U22201" which represents display firmware version 22.01 (last 4 digits, insert decimal point in your imagination). The manual calls this "Secondary CPU version checking".

Edited by Coulomb

2 hours ago, tatoviola said:

thanks for the reply, i currently have the display version 30.05 does updating it involve functionality improvements?

Hi, first to write 36.01 search if you find ur version of MCU U2 firmware. Maybe not work with 36.01 then need back to 30.05

Edited by mihaigsm2003

Hallo!

BOOM!!! this processor (STM32F107VCT6) is not read protected!!! I can read good processor and write in new processor data to repair any communication board and display detachable for voltronic inverters! I see any board have jtag connection for this.

Now can use empty processor without bootloader.

I have some readed data from STM32F107 and will post soon

cube.jpg

STVP.jpg

AJLU0598.JPG

FTTC9508.JPG

IMG_8900.JPG

IMG_8902.JPG

Edited by mihaigsm2003

Even if I have the tools for this , replacing the MCU would be impossible for me as I have VERY shaking hands :)
Now I removed the EaSun and replaced it with a Deye inverter ... SO ... if I can make a backup of the existing MCU I am willing to give it a try to flash your firmware on it.

I always complained that it could not talk BMS with Pylontech neither CAN or RS485 , so if backup restore is an option I am willing to try , if you care to share the backups you made.

Also my inverter has no parallel function in the firmware , but if this works, adding a paralleling card would not be a big deal.

This way we can see if we can transform an EaSun Inverter into an MPP Solar and the other way around.

QUESTION : When you cross flash the MCU , does the Serial number of the inverter changes ? Or is only the display you are flashing ?

8 hours ago, mihaigsm2003 said:

Hallo!

BOOM!!! this processor (STM32F107VCT6) is not read protected!!! I can read good processor and write in new processor data to repair any communication board and display detachable for voltronic inverters! I see any board have jtag connection for this.

Now can use empty processor without bootloader.

I have some readed data from STM32F107 and will post soon

Good news! We are waiting for a read firmware with a bootloader!

14 hours ago, biletskiy said:

Good news! We are waiting for a read firmware with a bootloader!

Some, firmware read for inverter U5648MS, i use ST Visual Programmer to read and write

https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stvp-stm32.html

30.06_good 5648.hex 36.01_good 5648.hex

Edited by mihaigsm2003

16 hours ago, Jaxone said:

I always complained that it could not talk BMS with Pylontech neither CAN or RS485 , so if backup restore is an option I am willing to try , if you care to share the backups you made.

Done! I shared some firmware.

Also my inverter has no parallel function in the firmware , but if this works, adding a paralleling card would not be a big deal.

Different hardware. firmware from display no metter.

This way we can see if we can transform an EaSun Inverter into an MPP Solar and the other way around.

it's same hardware, the difference is only given by the quality of the parts

QUESTION : When you cross flash the MCU , does the Serial number of the inverter changes ? Or is only the display you are flashing ?

Serial number is not in display.

Serial number can be changed from serial comand. I try to change serial in clone inverters but after restart serial revert to 35553555355......

3 hours ago, mihaigsm2003 said:

Some, firmware read for inverter U5648MS

Thanks for that. When I get to this, I'll have to look up some new (to me) instructions that they use in the boot loader.

For now, I'll note that the one you have labelled as 30.06 is actually 130.06:

seg000:08026644       ; "VERFW:00130.06"
seg000:08026644       ; Must go to qvfw3Resp
seg000:08026644 80                    DCB 0x80
seg000:08026645 40                    DCB 0x40 ; @
seg000:08026646 56                    DCB 'V'
seg000:08026647 F0                    DCB 0xF0
seg000:08026648 0F                    DCB  0xF
seg000:08026649 FF                    DCB 0xFF
seg000:0802664A 45 52+aErfw0013006    DCB "ERFW:00130.06",0

The above is from the cinit table that I call c1Tbl. The format of the table is very complex; it took me weeks to figure it out. So for now, please just trust me that this is the code that initialises a C string in RAM with the contents "VERFW:00130.06, and this is the result returned by the QVFW3 command, and Watchpower and other monitoring programs will return the part after the colon as the U2 firmware version, i.e. "00130.06" without the quotes. Sometimes the leading 'V' is separated out as a single character initialisation as above, sometimes it is not.

Can you tell me exactly what model this 130.06 display firmware came from? Was it a U 5648MS (parallelable, Axpert MKS IV 5600-48), or a U 5648GK (Axpert VM IV 5600-48), please? Then I can organise my folders properly. I suspect it's from the GK.

19 hours ago, Jaxone said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it's not so simple. The Axpert VM IV models, (VM might stand for Value Machine perhaps) often have a smaller main (DSP) processor, and is missing a very large amount of code needed to support paralleling. Usually, it will not be possible to shoehorn the completely different firmware with the paralleling support into the smaller VM main processor (which usually has only half the flash memory of the MKS main processor). There may well be other hardware changes between the VM and MKS models, despite their superficial similarity. The VM's metal case is actually smaller, I believe, suggesting that there is less hardware in there (but that might just be a marketing thing, I have not looked into this). This is why the VM models are a little cheaper than the equivalent MKS model (if there is an equivalent; in the case of the 5648, there is).

I don't know why they didn't combine the VM IV and MKS IV display code into one unified firmware image, as they do for other models. Though I'm still guessing what exact model the 130.06 firmware comes from.

3 hours ago, mihaigsm2003 said:

it's same hardware, the difference is only given by the quality of the parts

There is also the fact that the MPPSolar branded product is legitimately manufactured in the Voltronic Power factory, and you have paid for the engineers to spend hundreds of hours writing, testing etc the firmware. The EASun product (assuming that it's a clone, I'm still not completely sure) is using illegally stolen (copied) firmware, and the hardware is reverse engineered (again, Voltronic paid for the design and development of that hardware). It's not always possible to perfectly reverse engineer the hardware, and the clone manufacturers are always tempted to use lower specified parts to cut costs and make their product even cheaper. They don't have a reputation to uphold, whereas the original manufacturer does.

I hope that this work doesn't actually help the clone manufacturers in any material way. I believe that the clone manufacturers are morally bankrupt, and don't deserve support in any way. I understand that in the current situation with shortages, end users sometimes don't have the option to always choose the legitimate product, and sometimes installers make that decision without the end user realising. Possibly some installers don't even realise the difference between genuine and clone, but I suspect that many do.

Edit: I want to make it clear that I work on firmware to fix bugs that the original manufacturer refuses to fix, and to help with genuine repairers who sometimes have to do things like replace the processor with a blank one. I'd rather that they have the ability to do that than to have whole PCBs and sometimes whole inverters ending up in landfill when there is no need.

Edited by Coulomb

1 hour ago, Coulomb said:

I don't know why they didn't combine the VM IV and MKS IV display code into one unified firmware image, as they do for other models. Though I'm still guessing what exact model the 130.06 firmware comes from.

MPP Solar U5648MS, I think I made a mistake when I read the version, but:

On 2022/08/13 at 2:14 PM, tatoviola said:

thanks for the reply, i currently have the display version 30.05 does updating it involve functionality improvements?

seeing this I thought that 30.06 is ok, maybe mistake.

Also:

This version of firmware reported from user problem with communication with U1 processor, get some error like error 32 after power is up to 2kw.

This is second inverter with this problem, i change communication board with new processor and version 36.01.

On 2022/08/19 at 10:26 PM, mihaigsm2003 said:

Some, firmware read for inverter U5648MS, i use ST Visual Programmer to read and write

These two display firmwares are about 98% identical, but there is devil in that 2% detail.

It seems to me that these two firmwares (30.06 and 130.06) are for slightly different display hardware. There are a few bits of code that use GPIOA instead of GPIOB and vice versa. This seems to be associated with I²C (I2C) or SPI sending and receiving.

So until other information comes to light, these seem NOT to be interchangeable.

They both seem to be attempting to unify many models: VM III, King, MKS II, unknown (possibly MKS III), and MKS IV. The last three have internal codes 2, 3, and 4. In particular, both will show setting 28 (output mode, pertaining to paralleling), unless the model code is 0 (for VM III). But I get the feeling that this unification is not yet complete, and they are still striving to complete the unification. I note that the VM III has a removable display, while the VM IV has a fixed, colour display, so I don't see how these can be unified. Perhaps the new colour displays are a superset of the removable display somehow.

130.06 appears to be the later of the two firmwares, as it has more code.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022/08/30 at 5:39 AM, mihaigsm2003 said:

New firmware saved PIP 6048MT detachable display with touch butons

Wow. This one is a bit different in layout; it will take a bit longer to analyse it. I haven't even found _main() yet. Thanks for sharing.

[ Edit: It's actually quite standard; I forgot that this hex file includes the bootloader at 0x800 0000), which looks quite different to the main firmware. See next post over the page. ]

Edited by Coulomb