AMG Battery configuration synsynk 8kw system

zak2021

Good morning,

I just upgraded our system from an old ups system with 16 AGM 12V 150AH  batteries to the synsynk 8kw system.

Everything is up and running.  I need some help with the battery settings on the synsynk.

Ive attached screenshots of the current settings. Im not sure if these are correct or not. 

I appreciate it if someone who has knowledge about this could help me configure this properly

thanks

Zak

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-13 at 7.26.21 AM.jpeg

On 2022/05/13 at 7:32 AM, zak2021 said:

Good morning,

I just upgraded our system from an old ups system with 16 AGM 12V 150AH  batteries to the synsynk 8kw system.

Everything is up and running.  I need some help with the battery settings on the synsynk.

Ive attached screenshots of the current settings. Im not sure if these are correct or not. 

I appreciate it if someone who has knowledge about this could help me configure this properly

thanks

Zak

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-13 at 7.26.21 AM.jpeg

From the 2nd and 3rd pic you have a 40A charge and 80A charge setting. Charging can be 60+A during LS periods.

The battery spec shows 13.62V x 4 = 54.5V for float and your setting is 55.2V.

Absorbtion is spot on at 57.6V.

Shutdown I would like at 48V but 46V does not seem too low. Low battery I would like 49-49.5V. Not an expert so please accept other recommendations.

thanks guys
appreciate the help. 
i am starting to understand how these settings work

My last question would be 
What is the purpose of the "Discharge Amps" Setting on the system. 
What would be an appropriate value?

19 minutes ago, zak2021 said:

thanks guys
appreciate the help. 
i am starting to understand how these settings work

My last question would be 
What is the purpose of the "Discharge Amps" Setting on the system. 
What would be an appropriate value?

That would be maximum amps of the total value of your whole battery bank, or the inverter's max, whichever the lesser. Right now @100A the inverter will not draw more than 4800 watts, your inverter is an 8K Sunsynk. That's OK if you are saving battery life, but if you want to use the full 8K capacity, it needs about 166 - 183 amps to deliver. I think that the max for the 8k Sunsynk is 180 Amps in any case, so you can safely set it to that.

• 6 months later...

Good evening Gents

I seem to be having some issues with my setup. My system is shutting down  with SOC at 80%

I have 4 x 4 150AMPs AMG batteries  ( total  600APH )

Firstly Ive set the battery capacity to 150amps.  Is that the correct setting?
Or should it be the total capacity of the bank which is 600 amps

2) Using the table provided in this thread, Ive used 48V at the shutdown which suppose to give me around 50% of battery life

the voltage is around 48ish , system shuts down, and then around 2 mins later boots back up again. However SoC is around 80%.

I am confused what is happening here.  Need to revalidate my settings.  Some help here please

Pictures attached will show , SoC at 80 Percent, load is small under 1kw.

I should be getting alot more out of this setup. However its only lasting me 1.5 hours before it shuts down 
Its been happening more frequently as of late

1..jpeg

2..jpeg

I'd suggest you start from the ground up with the datasheet of the individual battery. The available capacity will reduce for higher discharge rates. Whatever is the suitable amp discharge per individual battery, multiply by 4 to define the inverter's discharge rate limit for this 4x4 bank. Just my 2c.

Hi

rechecking if this is now correct

ive attached the manual and some screen shots

At C10 , i should be able to draw 15AMP for 10HOURS
I am not drawing any where close to that atm, from my logs, i'm drawing around 7AMPS

from the discharge table,  at 10hours its 15 AMPS X 4 = 60AMP DISCHARGE Setting

Screenshot 2022-12-15 at 06.24.33.png

Screenshot 2022-12-15 at 06.27.13.png

SP12-150.pdf

1 hour ago, zak2021 said:

Hi

rechecking if this is now correct

ive attached the manual and some screen shots

At C10 , i should be able to draw 15AMP for 10HOURS
I am not drawing any where close to that atm, from my logs, i'm drawing around 7AMPS

Screenshot 2022-12-15 at 06.24.33.png

Screenshot 2022-12-15 at 06.27.13.png

SP12-150.pdf 591.66 kB · 0 downloads

Ensure you get those large banks fully charged. The 0.4kwh charged on the day you took the screen shot. This is a minute bit of the storage. Although shown as 80% SOC it could be an estimated level. On the same day you discharged about 3 times what you put in. If the last few days with LS and cloudy conditions were the same as the screen shot those banks cannot be at 80% SOC. 

1 hour ago, zak2021 said:

Yes, that's as I see it as well. That's only around 3kW output though at around 50V. Unfortunately that's a limitation of the type of battery you've got. You could discharge it faster to get greater instantaneous power delivery, but that generates more heat in the battery, so the total energy available is reduced, and in the worst case it could shorten its lifespan. Something that could have been improved through a bigger battery bank, or else lithium batteries.

Other than that, set your battery capacity at 600Ah (at 48V) for the full bank. Not the 150Ah (at 12V) of the individual battery.