120Ah 3.2v LiFePO4 cells

addisonk

On 2022/07/18 at 12:10 PM, addisonk said:
I bought a built 6kwh unit from LBSA as a reseller. It worked well for the first 3 months and after that had endless problems on and off. Sent it up to Joburg for a warranty repair and it came back with what seems to be the same fault. They want me to send it back for the second time but shipping from Cape Town to Joburg and back costs around R1200.00  not to mention the labour to uninstall, package and re-install, inconvenience etc.

I know that one of the cells is faulty but they've refused to provide me with a replacement part to repair it locally. They insist on it being sent back to them which is will cost another R1200.00 and is totally impractical. They told me that if we repair it ourseves then will void the warranty but I'm not too concerned about that as the warranty is worth nothing if it costs a fortune to return for repairs. 

My advice is that unless you live within close proximity of the LBSA factory then dont buy one. I certainly wont be doing so again.

Avoid LBSA like the plague. 

57 minutes ago, addisonk said:

No they havent started to swell but 4 of them lost most of their capacity after about a year and had to be replaced.

All of mine still have original capacity.

1 hour ago, sunset1 said:

Have any of your LBSA cells started to swell? 

Had mine for about a year now and see they are swelling 

Not much ....

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi @addisonk, I have 4  100Ah cells also bought from LBSA in 2021 which are no longer being used. I suspect that one of them has failed however, as the voltages on the 3 cells are between 3.1 and 3.2V, however the one is at 2.55V (BMS cut-off voltage). It might have just been due to a bad connection on the battery, but I have no way of charging the one individual cell up again. They had only been cycled approximately 30 times in my DIY setup (no longer being used).

I am willing to sell the 3 for R600 each, and you can have the fourth one for free (it might be recoverable if you have something to charge it up/balance with the rest) - are you interested? I am based in Durban. 

I also have a 4S 12V 120A BMS, if anyone else is interested? 

Cells.jpeg

BMS.jpeg

7 minutes ago, tdm720 said:

Hi @addisonk, I have 4  100Ah cells also bought from LBSA in 2021 which are no longer being used. I suspect that one of them has failed however, as the voltages on the 3 cells are between 3.1 and 3.2V, however the one is at 2.55V (BMS cut-off voltage). It might have just been due to a bad connection on the battery, but I have no way of charging the one individual cell up again. They had only been cycled approximately 30 times in my DIY setup (no longer being used).

I am willing to sell the 3 for R600 each, and you can have the fourth one for free (it might be recoverable if you have something to charge it up/balance with the rest) - are you interested? I am based in Durban. 

I also have a 4S 12V 120A BMS, if anyone else is interested? 

Cells.jpeg

If not sold - I would definitely be interested.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
20 hours ago, roym said:

I know this is long ago ...but just checking if anyone knows where I can  get these cells and a 48v bms

I have 8 x 120Ah - still working 100% - used in 24V system - upgraded to 200Ah/48V

WhatsApp 0827440602

21 hours ago, roym said:

I know this is long ago ...but just checking if anyone knows where I can  get these cells and a 48v bms

Hi Roy

I've upgraded from my old 120A - 16s2p DIY LBSA pack that has served me very well since 2020. 16 of the cells are going to family, but a full set of 16 and a Daly BT BMS will be available for sale.

Ian