NO HUBBLE TROUBLE

zsde

Forums like this usually attract users that experience problems and need guidance or advice.
Very few visit such forums to explore or expand their knowledge, although that is a desirable side effect once one does pop in to get help.

With the numerous threads that were started due to "Hubble troubles" I though it appropriate to to just post a "good news" thread after having joined the 500 trouble free cycle club.
Am I just lucky? Perhaps. 

Nearing 1,5years of trouble free usage of my Hubble AM-2. I rely on Solar Assistant and the data it provides from the BMS which up to now reports a 100% SOH analysing the reported Charge Capacity. Still 110Ah.  No Firmware upgrade done ever. Batch 2106. I also check the typical base load over night multiply that with the hours of inspection and compare those kWh to the percentage SOC drop over that period. That way I can get a good indication of whether the reported data is in the ballpark. In the absence of a load tester, that's the closest I can get to determine if the reported values are close to believable. 

So if you are also a satisfied Hubble user, feel free to chime in and add your experience.
All of us can do with positive feedback now and then in the world of self sufficiency when it comes to own power generation.

image.png.463d3f4ded907fd87f61c82e189ebe68.png

Edited by zsde

On 2023/01/02 at 11:53 AM, zsde said:

Forums like this usually attract users that experience problems and need guidance or advice.
Very few visit such forums to explore or expand their knowledge, although that is a desirable side effect once one does pop in to get help.

With the numerous threads that were started due to "Hubble troubles" I though it appropriate to to just post a "good news" thread after having joined the 500 trouble free cycle club.
Am I just lucky? Perhaps. 

Nearing 1,5years of trouble free usage of my Hubble AM-2. I rely on Solar Assistant and the data it provides from the BMS which up to now reports a 100% SOH analysing the reported Charge Capacity. Still 110Ah.  No Firmware upgrade done ever. Batch 2106. I also check the typical base load over night multiply that with the hours of inspection and compare those kWh to the percentage SOC drop over that period. That way I can get a good indication of whether the reported data is in the ballpark. In the absence of a load tester, that's the closest I can get to determine if the reported values are close to believable. 

So if you are also a satisfied Hubble user, feel free to chime in and add your experience.
All of us can do with positive feedback now and then in the world of self sufficiency when it comes to own power generation.

image.png.463d3f4ded907fd87f61c82e189ebe68.png

That is good to hear but I wonder if there is an issue will they accept your sa data in place of a cloudlink.

My repaired am2 ,which i had to pay for even though it was only 6 months old should be back with me in a few days time.

There are too many issues as is seen by 17 pages of am2 posts to give me confidence in the product and as for the service (barring one of the tech guys) it was atrocious.

never again

On 2023/01/02 at 3:21 PM, PsyWulf said:

3 AM2's and counting,no complaints here,they've faired admirably,varying ages 1.5years to 6months

Considering one pays over R 30 000 per battery i would not expect anything less.I hope that yours continue to behave.

Have you done any updates on them since the installation?

4 hours ago, Nicholas Strachan said:

Considering one pays over R 30 000 per battery i would not expect anything less.I hope that yours continue to behave.

Have you done any updates on them since the installation?

Nope,though I probably will next time i'm feeling bored

Also got a Hubble AM2 from the very first batch in SA, Still going strong. No updates done. I understand the other batches had speed wobbles. We refunded and facilitated our clients to get them repaired. It was fairly stressful and I can imagine terribly frustrating for the buyers. I personally know the CEO and was on his case for our members refunds and repairs. Not going to update my MK1 AM2. too scared :D

Jay

27 minutes ago, Energy-Jason said:

Also got a Hubble AM2 from the very first batch in SA, Still going strong. No updates done. I understand the other batches had speed wobbles. We refunded and facilitated our clients to get them repaired. It was fairly stressful and I can imagine terribly frustrating for the buyers. I personally know the CEO and was on his case for our members refunds and repairs. Not going to update my MK1 AM2. too scared :D

Jay

If you have to hassle a CEO to get a refund processed... That's not exactly a shining endorsement of the business

18 minutes ago, madness_za said:

If you have to hassle a CEO to get a refund processed... That's not exactly a shining endorsement of the business

It was a very stressful and lengthy process. I was very depressed about letting down the forum members and they had no batterys during peak loadshedding .We used our put aside tax input funds to refund our clients. While waiting for a hefty refund. It was a difficult time for me personally as I thought the Hubble's would work like my MK1 AM2.

However Hubble seam to be on the up again from what I can see? What do you guys think?

• 4 months later...
On 2023/01/06 at 10:44 PM, Energy-Jason said:

Wow! Will PM you soonest! That's awesome.

Currently testing the Hubble Blade. I understand it to have BYD cells! I believe BYD to be one of the best. I have not been cycling it, just for loadshedding. I think they got this one right. Still to cycle it. Thoughts?

Jay

do you have more feedback on this Hubble Blade battery ? I see it online for sale at around R55k which seems a great price point.

1 minute ago, Veebee87 said:

thanks Jay, so would you rate them as a good buy at that price point ?

any weird issues with them dropping charge etc like the other Hubble ?

Glad to help. My units were very much the first edition I purchased from Hubble. 

If they have stuck to the recipe then they are absolute beasts! No problems nothing funny happening. 

They just work.

Sincerely

Jason 

• 2 months later...