Jumped on the Sunsynk + Hubble wagon, Am I doing it right?

BdJ

After some serious homework being done, understanding DoD's, SOC's etc.

I came to a point where on a load of 500-900W of power usage, a Hubble AM2 would be a good spot to start, paired up with a Sunsynk 5KW inverter. With everything installed yesterday, I'm super happy with the transfer rate from Eskom to Battery. Nearly no sign of lights flickering or dimming! 

FYI, no solar yet, that's part of the future expansion and reason i got this inverter.

However, all that said, I'm not sure if my settings are correct? The battery's DIP switch has been set to 1 on, 2,3,4 off. 

I've setup the Wifi dongle that came with as well, seems it's the Synsynk dongle. Quite easy to setup.

2023-01-26 11_01_00-Window.png

2023-01-26 11_01_13-Window.png

2023-01-26 11_01_46-Window.png

On 2023/01/27 at 11:29 PM, BritishRacingGreen said:

I am sure @Leshenwill be able to check your basic settings,  he has done a number of Sunsunk/Hubble systems. 

Thanks for tagging.

Started noticing a new trend, might be the battery or wrong information given from the inverter.

The battery is only charging to 99%, last few charges, it only reached 97%.

12 minutes ago, TimCam said:

On the "Battery Charge" tab set:

Float = 52.6V

Absorption V = 53.6V

Equalization V = 53.5 V

My Hubble's still have a SOH of 100%.

Thanks! I’ll quickly set it and monitor the outcome 

8 minutes ago, TimCam said:

My system has just come out of a charge cycle after load-shedding so batteries are 100%.

Pack #3 is my newest Hubble, and is 120A.:)

image.thumb.png.e56d699ca61fb806cfd35130da77fda3.png

image.png

I see yours shows no power drawn, mine keeps a 40-60w power draw going, even when fully charged 

The unit is a week old, so not quite sure if it’s the cells trying to balance still?

Edit, how are you getting the cycles output, or is that only for certain wifi dongle’s and apps. I’ve got the sunsynk wifi adapter 

Edited by BdJ

I use a SunSynk 5Kw with a Greenrich battery, and it floats between 99% and 100% (grid or solar.) It must be something to do with the BMS floating - not over charging. It only happens at 99-100%

Check my batter below - I set different SOC minimums for time of day (to reduce my reliance on grid as much as possible.) When set to 80% SOC, its perfect. When set to 100% - its hovers between 99% and 100%.

image.thumb.png.d3446dd5c8b2e898d7234fd691468265.png

Just now, JamesF said:

I use a SunSynk 5Kw with a Greenrich battery, and it floats between 99% and 100% (grid or solar.) It must be something to do with the BMS floating - not over charging. It only happens at 99-100%

Check my batter below - I set different SOC minimums for time of day (to reduce my reliance on grid as much as possible.) When set to 80% SOC, its perfect. When set to 100% - its hovers between 99% and 100%.

image.thumb.png.d3446dd5c8b2e898d7234fd691468265.png

Interesting! Thank you for the insight

1 hour ago, BdJ said:

Received feedback from Hubble support, they want me to buy the Cloudlink. This apparently resolves this issue..

My pain with that is, I need to pay R3000-3500 for something that's my problem haha.

No, fsck them! The cloudlink has zero use for the end user. They tried to fix my battery via the cloudlink and i had to take the battery in to them at the end.

The cloudlink won't fix anything. That is by itself. It just allows them to connect to the battery and change parameters. So they "might" be able to fix something. 

I also have a synsynk and hubble system at my fathers place that always charges to only 97-98% and i have done everything i could with hubble support and via the cloudlink. Still no fix. I just gave up and left it runing like that. 

With Hubble, the BMS will prevent charge when going from 100%->95%.
This can be seen on the LiBMS screen:

image.thumb.png.817d77d7755bb8d2865deb2b34a455cd.png

In the first image, the battery went from 100% -> 99% (due to no PV and load), the BMS tell SunSynk "Charge current limit: 0A", which prevents charging.
This changes at about 95%.

--

The correct values for AM2 are at https://www.hubblelithium.co.za/sunsynk

image.png.7a70b52d5361f111deb0bf4f10fb63d1.png

--

You might want to consider lower values:
Values like 10%, 15%, 20%
I use 5%, 7%, 10%
image.png.b1b2cff54d9f28c777c1d453b02d24a9.png

Shutdown: Inverter goes into standby mode
Low Batt: Inverter stops using battery [Load will go off]
Restart: When charging, AC output will resume when this is reached.
--
The biggest issue with AM-2 is to ensure you have working firmware.
Some batches had firmware where the SoH went down quickly, was fixed with a firmware update.
--
TIP: PBMStools is quite useful utility to see individual cells.
Use the RS485/modbus -> RJ12/RJ11 cable (same as Solar-Assistant)

--

>However, all that said, I'm not sure if my settings are correct? The battery's DIP switch has been set to 1 on, 2,3,4 off. 

Download the AM-2 manual from here: https://www.hubblelithium.co.za/am-series

image.png.753a8f3b38c8a8d6f49490cf8e54fb43.png

Edited by system32

I am a bit confused... my Hubble AM2 was installed mid December last year.  I checked the Voltages when I saw the threads with the SOC probelems.  I asked my installer why my settings differ from the Hubble website.  He said that the BMS configures those voltages.  My current Voltages are as follows:

Float V: 55.2V

Absorption V: 57.6V

Equalization V: 57.6V

Discharge Amps: 120A

State of charge has been stable since first installed and the SOH is also still at 100%, so I hope it stays there!  Sorry if this is a bit of a hijack...

Regards,

Matthys

20230118_062829.jpg

59 minutes ago, system32 said:

With Hubble, the BMS will prevent charge when going from 100%->95%.
This can be seen on the LiBMS screen:

image.thumb.png.817d77d7755bb8d2865deb2b34a455cd.png

In the first image, the battery went from 100% -> 99% (due to no PV and load), the BMS tell SunSynk "Charge current limit: 0A", which prevents charging.
This changes at about 95%.

--

The correct values for AM2 are at https://www.hubblelithium.co.za/sunsynk

image.png.7a70b52d5361f111deb0bf4f10fb63d1.png

--

You might want to consider lower values:
Values like 10%, 15%, 20%
I use 5%, 7%, 10%
image.png.b1b2cff54d9f28c777c1d453b02d24a9.png

Shutdown: Inverter goes into standby mode
Low Batt: Inverter stops using battery [Load will go off]
Restart: When charging, AC output will resume when this is reached.
--
The biggest issue with AM-2 is to ensure you have working firmware.
Some batches had firmware where the SoH went down quickly, was fixed with a firmware update.
--
TIP: PBMStools is quite useful utility to see individual cells.
Use the RS485/modbus -> RJ12/RJ11 cable (same as Solar-Assistant)

--

>However, all that said, I'm not sure if my settings are correct? The battery's DIP switch has been set to 1 on, 2,3,4 off. 

Download the AM-2 manual from here: https://www.hubblelithium.co.za/am-series

image.png.753a8f3b38c8a8d6f49490cf8e54fb43.png

Highly appreciate this feedback 

So keep the volts the same, across Float, Absorb, and Equaliz, gothca.
Battery setup can go lower, will amend as per your suggestion. 10, 15, 20%

19 hours ago, BdJ said:

I see yours shows no power drawn, mine keeps a 40-60w power draw going, even when fully charged 

The unit is a week old, so not quite sure if it’s the cells trying to balance still?

Edit, how are you getting the cycles output, or is that only for certain wifi dongle’s and apps. I’ve got the sunsynk wifi adapter 

Every now and again the batteries send +- 37 W upwards to the inverter, even with grid and solar available, don't worry about that, it's normal. The Battery SOC can also vary between +- 96 - 99%. Only at the end of load-shedding at night when the batteries are fully charged, will it be 100% for a while.

The cycle count is shown by the aftermarket Software I use, called Solar Assistant. https://solar-assistant.io/

2 hours ago, TimCam said:

Every now and again the batteries send +- 37 W upwards to the inverter, even with grid and solar available, don't worry about that, it's normal. The Battery SOC can also vary between +- 96 - 99%. Only at the end of load-shedding at night when the batteries are fully charged, will it be 100% for a while.

The cycle count is shown by the aftermarket Software I use, called Solar Assistant. https://solar-assistant.io/

See mine keeps a 20-60 W constant feed? Which feels strange, or I don't understand these Hybrid inverters yet. Coming from an Axpert type inverter, still loads to learn

On 2023/01/30 at 4:14 PM, Matthys Koch said:

I am a bit confused... my Hubble AM2 was installed mid December last year.  I checked the Voltages when I saw the threads with the SOC probelems.  I asked my installer why my settings differ from the Hubble website.  He said that the BMS configures those voltages.  My current Voltages are as follows:

Float V: 55.2V

Absorption V: 57.6V

Equalization V: 57.6V

Discharge Amps: 120A

State of charge has been stable since first installed and the SOH is also still at 100%, so I hope it stays there!  Sorry if this is a bit of a hijack...

Regards,

Matthys

20230118_062829.jpg

AFAIK, your installer is correct, the BMS controls the inverter charge / discharge etc.

This can be seen in the LiBMS screen.