Firmware Axpert Max Twin 11K

Maurizio69

5 hours ago, Chilla said:

since it switched to line mode in the evening, it stayed there since.

Does the battery voltage get over 51.0 V? That's the back to discharge (battery powering loads) that you have set.

What is the low battery cut-off setting (setting 29)? That can sometimes interfere.

Also, what type of battery do you have? If it's a Pylontech for example, it may never get to 54 V, since this is the "never exceed" voltage, and the battery's BMS will disconnect from the inverter before it gets there, which can confuse things no end.

19 hours ago, Coulomb said:

Does the battery voltage get over 51.0 V? That's the back to discharge (battery powering loads) that you have set.

What is the low battery cut-off setting (setting 29)? That can sometimes interfere.

Also, what type of battery do you have? If it's a Pylontech for example, it may never get to 54 V, since this is the "never exceed" voltage, and the battery's BMS will disconnect from the inverter before it gets there, which can confuse things no end.

Thank you for your answers.

The battery voltage gets over 51V, we raised it otherwise it didnt charge the battery enough. Unfortunately who set it up, doesn't want to help us anymore.

Low battery cut-off setting: 44.0 V as default

Battery type: lead-acid battery 48v 690Ah

We also did a battery equalization.

On 2023/11/09 at 2:27 AM, Coulomb said:

Well, what I forgot to mention that utility doesnt charge the battery in line mode... even if its above 51.0V
But we switched it off for an hour yesterday and it works better now, it switches to battery mode now... Is there any other way to restart it?

And if there isnt enough solar power (only 60W), how can we charge the battery from utility? We will have rainy weeks now, and it doesnt go now above 50.0V. From our setting I understand it schould also charge from utility, but it actually doesnt do it. 

Edited by Chilla

2 hours ago, Chilla said:

From our setting I understand it should also charge from utility, but it actually doesn't do it. 

There is a maximum utility charge current; it might be set to 2 A, in which case you might not notice it.

Otherwise, yes, it should be utility charging with the settings you indicated. To stop it utility charging in good weather, change the charger source priority setting.

2 hours ago, Chilla said:

Is there any other way to restart it?

You can avoid having to disconnect the battery by turning off the "power" (really DC-AC converter) switch, if you have no charge sources (solar or grid). I'm not aware of any other way.

• 1 month later...

Hi. @Coulomb now i use the 164.62. 

Next days i will remake my string to + 300V. It will be a problem to continue using the 164.62 ? Now i have nominal Voltage at arround 200V but i will put 11 panales with VOC 37.2 in series. 

I need to put the 264.62 ? Or i can let de 164.62 ? What problems can be if i use the 164.62? Thanks. 

2 hours ago, vladsuciu said:

What problems can be if i use the 164.62?

If you use MPPT patched firmware with too low a minimum voltage, then you might get "stuck at 150 V" instead of "stuck at 90 V". Not the end of the world, but if the panels are never going to go lower than 300 V, then you can still have significant power unavailable due to the bug.

But maybe once they get to 150 V, they'll continue on to the MPPT voltage. Not owning one, I don't have a feel for how they will behave. My recent impression is that they can still get stuck, hence the need for several voltage options.

Edited by Coulomb

• 2 months later...

Hello Coulomb, would it be possible to modify the firmware, ensuring that in SUB and SNU mode, the inverter can charge the batteries from the grid, when solar is available? (as per manual).

At the moment, when it is in SUB+SNU, and solar is available, the battery is not charged, in the evening, when the sun is <90v, it charges from UTI.

It is a bug?

Thank you

6 hours ago, jos89 said:

would it be possible to modify the firmware, ensuring that in SUB and SNU mode, the inverter can charge the batteries from the grid, when solar is available? (as per manual).

Sorry. Not owning one, this is beyond my capability, at least at this stage.

6 hours ago, jos89 said:

It is a bug?

I have no idea. My Axpert MKSs from 2015 are so very different to these.