Goodwe vs Lightning strike

Pietpower

A few weeks ago we had lightning. At first I thought nothing was damaged, but now I don't have backup power anymore.

The batteries charged to 100% and now they stay there. 

I have restarted or rebooted everything.  Reran the PV master setup to make sure about the usage setting (General).

The batteries measure correct voltage and all lights are fine.

The inverter runs fine from solar power and grid power. Just don't seem to use batteries at all.

When I disconnect solar and grid everything shuts down even though the batteries give voltage to the inverter.

The system is a Goodwe 4.8 (ES)

Batteries Pylontech 3000 3.5kWh - 2off

JA solar panels 3.8kW

Any suggestions?

I suspect the inverter has got some damage and these are not supported anymore thus it would imply a new inverter.

10 minutes ago, Pietpower said:

Any suggestions?

I suspect the inverter has got some damage and these are not supported anymore thus it would imply a new inverter.

No you can get it repaired if you can be without an inverter for say a week or 2.

Seems like only the inverting side is damaged. 

Edited by Scorp007

• 2 weeks later...
On 2023/12/04 at 3:46 PM, Pietpower said:

not that I understand how it can't convert batteries 50V to 230V but can still convert the solar voltage to 230V?

With a high PV voltage model, PV voltage is boosted to the DC bus, so you only need that and the DC-AC converter to generate 230 VAC.

From the 50V battery, you also need the DC<->DC converter working, as well as the buck converter passing power unchanged in that direction. So one or both of these must be faulty (the DC-DC or the buck converter, more likely the DC-DC).