Thank you for the great forum, Safe Driving over the weekend. Sincerely Jason
Sign in to follow this  
Walde

PIP Inverter Error "error 09" bus soft start failed

PIP Inverter Error "error 09" bus soft start failed

Voltronic Power Axpert MKS5K

ISolar SM 5kw 48vdc = EASUN POWER 5000W Solar Inverter 80A MPPT Off Grid Inverter 48V 220V Hybrid Inverter Pure Sine Wave Inverter 60A Battery Charger

xwugpx1.jpg

Need your help. The inverter ran without problems batteries at about 57V (14S) and solar was at zero in time because not connected (solar is connected to the PCM60x). Consumption was at about 300Watt / 230V. According to SolarPI everything was ok all day.
But then something must have happened at 16.30 o'clock because the fuses for the batteries and also the solar fuse from the PCM60x flew out.
The inverter was of course without batteries.
I tried to start the inverter normally after switching the fuses back on.
The inverter also starts normally. But reports dan error 09 "bus soft start failed.
And the 230V is not there.
Has anyone with the error 09 already experience and can help me please.

Maybe one of you can help me.

On the motherboard, a diode is apparently defective.
Designation on the diode is only GFZ without manufacturer and without values. The mounting space is labeled TVS.

The board is the new model (with the ID 16-500558-02G)
Inverter 5kva / 48v

lvohui1.jpg ukvqtg1.jpg hbfhxu1.jpg wqnvtx1.jpg sdhacl1.jpg

Thanks in advance to all who help me

Greetings Dirk

Please, please, please
Thank you thank you thank you

Edited by Walde

@Walde just below you will se we got a code 09 post up and running. Pop in there. Seems to me this inverters love this. Mine was running for 2 months and then i got a error 09 code and nothing is blown on the board, only the sof start on mine is giving problems and busy checking if i can fix it.

Quick question, where did you buy yours from. In cape town side? 

OK thank you for the info.
Get the TVS Diodes now at Mouser.com.
They have the TVS SMCJ51A (identification GFZ).
In Germany, the ESD suppressors diodes.

13 hours ago, Gerlach said:

@Walde just below you will se we got a code 09 post up and running. Pop in there. Seems to me this inverters love this. Mine was running for 2 months and then i got a error 09 code and nothing is blown on the board, only the sof start on mine is giving problems and busy checking if i can fix it.

Quick question, where did you buy yours from. In cape town side? 

Build the inverter completely apart.
For me he was on the back of the motherboard with the TVS diodes. I have bought my on Aliexpress / shipping from Germany.

Has anyone already repaired the "error 09"?

I replaced the TVS which was defective (only One TVS was defective).
All other TVS are OK (but still changed) ( SMCJ51A 1.5kW 51V - GFZ )
All MOSFET are OK (the defective TVS has been replaced by the Mosfet) ( CSD19505KCS 80V N-CH NexFET Pwr )

Still get the mistake.
Have now ordered the following parts.
the
- D65 - RHRP8120 8A, 1200V, Hyperfast diode
- U16 - IC PWM CNTL - uc3845ad1 SOP-8

But maybe someone has already fixed such a problem with the error 09

Info: I have a service manual from Voltronic  🙄

3 hours ago, Gerlach said:

something is telling me it can maybe be the controller card.

It's possible. The control card is involved in measuring the DC bus voltage, and sending the signal to start the soft-start power supply. That involves pins 13 (Bus.V+), 14 (Bus.V-) and 46 (BusSoft.on/). There probably has to be an op-amp on the control card to subtract the signals from Bus.V+ and Bus.V-, to generate a single voltage that can be read by one ADC channel.

1 hour ago, Coulomb said:

It's possible. The control card is involved in measuring the DC bus voltage, and sending the signal to start the soft-start power supply. That involves pins 13 (Bus.V+), 14 (Bus.V-) and 46 (BusSoft.on/). There probably has to be an op-amp on the control card to subtract the signals from Bus.V+ and Bus.V-, to generate a single voltage that can be read by one ADC channel.

After fixing the soft start part on my board, it keeps showing the error 09. I'm bussy fixing a axpert board where a IRGP4750D has pop. Wil then check if the error shows again. @Coulomb will the clone control board work on the Axpert main board? 

22 minutes ago, Coulomb said:

Impossible to know for sure, but I'd say so, yes.

New test, so lets see. Will order the IRGP this week. 

I assume you are aware of my partial schematic trace of the soft start power supply here. Somehow, I seem to have neglected to post it. Sigh. At least it's here for completeness, and other readers.

Hi Gerlach and Cloulomb.

Please also send photos of the boards and parts you repaired. That would help me and others.

Coulomb: Which board is the controller board for the soft start? (Photo would be good) Which controller OP-AMP.

1 hour ago, Walde said:

Which board is the controller board for the soft start?

Sorry, I've told you all I know. You'll have to trace back from pin 46.

The controlled board is the only board that plugs in to the main board. It has the processor (100 pins) and the beeper.

Pin 46 on the Motherboard (the big One) or pin 46 from the CPU Board ( plug-in card )

I can not find this pin 46 where should it be.
Or I need a pair of glasses that would be new to me.

Unfortunately, my inverter only ran 60 days 😭
Edited by Walde
i

You photos were:

Main board, Solar Charge Controller, "parallel" board (not to be confused with the paralleling board that can optionally be installed at the bottom of the unit), under the main board, several boards and the SCC inductors, and finally the control board:

7 hours ago, Walde said:

IMG_20190530_180745.thumb.jpg.40cb0e2c2c47b2c2b9be97e72b1ebe29.jpg

The pins are at the top of the photo. They're unhelpfully labelled 1-16 on each of the three connectors; they should be thought of as 1-48. So (I believe) the one one the left (edit: in the upside-down photo) is actually 33-48; add 32 to the pin numbers. So in this photo, it would be the third from the left (48--47-46---). As a numbering check, pins 8 and 24-27 should all connect together, to control card "earth" (note: it's probably not mains earth, and is possibly lethal when running, just the low reference potential for the control card).

My guess is that this signal will go through one buffer (probably the one closest to the top left corner in the photo) and off to a processor pin. So there's not much to go wrong there. The bus voltage measurement would have more chance of going wrong; pins 13 and 14 probably go to an op-amp with a lot of passive components. I'd expect the output of the op-amp to connect pretty much directly to an ADC input on the processor.

Edited by Coulomb

@Walde part number/name EEL16 and nope, you don't get them local. I have msg some of the inverter manufacturers with no luck and responds. You can find them in china but you need to order bulk and the other problem is, there is so many EEL16's with different specs. If you can find them, let me know please.  

Does anyone have a article number / manufacturer for the TX2  !!! Attention, the 48V device !!!

According to the service manual, it should be a transformer seemingly with the data ( TX 15:200:15 FER EEL16 )

But at RS, Farnell and Mouser I have not found anything yet and needed your help.

current status was with me I still have the D65 - RHRP8120 8A, 1200V, Hyperfast diode has changed but unfortunately did not bring any error 09

I have a new Tester Tool 10$/10Euro with Shipping

A pair of values from the components.

TVS / SMCJ51A 1.5kW 5 1V - GFZ

IMG_20190612_152604-k.thumb.jpg.f63e4d9f76c61199ae94c073cbcb849d.jpg

MOSFET / CSD19505KCS 80V N-CH NexFET Pwr

IMG_20190612_152435-k.thumb.jpg.dbbb79ca5ce3b4fddaecf59c90b8ad24.jpg

D65 - RHRP8120 8A, 1200V, Hyperfast diode

IMG_20190612_152505-k.thumb.jpg.f2ba23fcb4ea11d86ea79308198cf704.jpg

I'm impressed by what the little tester can do 😍

😎 Have a nice day.

I will continue to test and hope that I get my fix times.

Ho have now been able to test the IGBT as follows.

Pin 1 and Pin 2 = Capacitor with 3700pf approx.
and
Pin 2 and Pin 3 = Diode Uf = 440mv approx. / C = 6.35 nf

For me, the following IGBT are apparently defective
Q32, Q27, Q28
and the TVS, TVS1

If one is broken everything else comes
defective = e.g. Pin 2 and Pin 3 = Risistor 0.00
defective = Pin 1 and Pin 2 = Capacitor 17nf

Have ordered the IGBT now and will report how it looks like who I have changed.

IGBT Type: GW80H65DFB

Pictures

IMG_20190618_141035-k2.thumb.jpg.9aa2826c53921fb5bc5b05530a5cdb1d.jpg

IMG_20190618_141041-k.thumb.jpg.d252efe98009b8376400cbfef4ca11bc.jpg

IMG_20190618_141105-k.thumb.jpg.4e8756b83e9aafc7da64154cb987aac5.jpg

IMG_20190618_141110-k.thumb.jpg.e76827699e89e010e1f859966c1f33a2.jpg

Edited by Walde

I have had the IGBT Q27, Q28, Q29, Q30 and the Q32 changed (have no Q31). After a try to start with battery pack again came Error 09 at the second start attempt. In another subsequent test, the IGBT were partially defective again.

What else can I check or someone has a tip why the new IGBT are through again.