Thank you for the great forum, Safe Driving over the weekend. Sincerely Jason
jaqkar

New Build - Troubleshooting

Hello members, hope everyone is healthy and coping with lock-down.

I built a 2P16S 48v LiefPO4 battery pack with Daly 16S 48V 200A common ground BMS. They are connected to two Voltronic clone 4000W inverters in parallel. Inverter saying 55v on the panel while its charging and measuring 55v at DC terminals on inverter. At the battery pack I am only reading 52.2v and cannot get the pack to charge up higher than that. Do you think the BMS is trying to "protect" and limit charging?

Here is a short clip showing the system: 

aaaaa nice @jaqkar!! setup looks really nice!!  Bain batterye i spot there. I got the same batteries.  Quick question, is both inverters charging the batteries or only one. Fist thing first. Check with a volt meter every batterye. You maybe have one set batteries that is hitting top volts in the pack and then the BMS charge protection is kicking in. If i remember correctly the max charge with the dali is 3.75v and over charge release is 3.55v so the isn't space for volts to clime because the BMS kicks protection in on the charge side. Pull a bit back on the charge volts to 54.2 or 53.8v so that the other get time to level out. I spotted this with my setup where is can check every sell with my BMS and adjust the settings.  

6 minutes ago, Gerlach said:

aaaaa nice @jaqkar!! setup looks really nice!!  Bain batterye i spot there. I got the same batteries.  Quick question, is both inverters charging the batteries or only one. Fist thing first. Check with a volt meter every batterye. You maybe have one set batteries that is hitting top volts in the pack and then the BMS charge protection is kicking in. If i remember correctly the max charge with the dali is 3.75v and over charge release is 3.55v so the isn't space for volts to clime because the BMS kicks protection in on the charge side. Pull a bit back on the charge volts to 54.2 or 53.8v so that the other get time to level out. I spotted this with my setup where is can check every sell with my BMS and adjust the settings.  

Thanks @Gerlach! Yes Bayn cells indeed! 

Both are charging. Checked every battery, all the same voltage. Checked with a thermometer for hot connections. In the pic below I get the difference in voltage between the pack (2) and bus bars (1) so right on either side of the BMS. 

50b7917f-57fa-4d6a-88e4-ebd8de8bff4e.JPG

Nice setup I also have some of these batteries and Daly BMS

What voltage are you seeing now at the batteries vs the output ?